cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help ID Biscuit Jar

Had jar for over 25 years. Don't remember where I picked up. Any help or suggestions how to price would be appreciated. Thank you.

20151031_115039.jpg

20151031_115441.jpg

20151031_115734.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Help ID Biscuit Jar

Looks to have been produced in the 60's.   Not by any particularly famous company.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Help ID Biscuit Jar

Thanks for respnding buy I need to know what the symbols are inside the circle. Anybody have an idea or read Janpenese?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Help ID Biscuit Jar

Cannot see them too well.   Any chance of a close up?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Help ID Biscuit Jar

@8838edward wrote:

Cannot see them too well.   Any chance of a close up?

I"ll try to expand. Thanks

1483812590311-1394978717.jpg

1483812645471913008618.jpg

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Help ID Biscuit Jar

Well, it is not a Japanese character.   Could be a stylized Mt. Fuji, but cannot say for sure.  It is going to be hard to pin this down much further as there were literally hundreds of small porcelain factories just after the Occupation ended and there has not been much research on them and not much history of them remains...    Sorry...

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Help ID Biscuit Jar

Thanks for your response! It is a beautiful jar & I will list it soon. It's only as valuable to someone who collects or catches some ones eye I guess. Thanks again! Terrik24
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Help ID Biscuit Jar

You are welcome.   The handle appears to be in excellent condition which is unusual.   They fray, etc. over time and use.    Just FYI, I would expect to pay around 7000 yen for this over here.   Just to give you a little guideline, perhaps.....

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Help ID Biscuit Jar

@8838edward wrote:

You are welcome.   The handle appears to be in excellent condition which is unusual.   They fray, etc. over time and use.    Just FYI, I would expect to pay around 7000 yen for this over here.   Just to give you a little guideline, perhaps.....

Thanks, Had to look up the price of a Yen, LOL..appreciate your information & expertise. Yes the Handle is in Excellent Condition & the outside really is too! Once again Thank You! Regards Terri K

Message 9 of 9
latest reply