cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esco piece - Pattern name help

I recently bought this piece because I thought it was so pretty. However, I'm having a terrible time finding the pattern name and age. I tried Google, Replacements and more. The only similar piece I could find online was one listed on eBay Canada, but that one is not marked "Esco handpainted" like mine-it's made by and stamped, "Mottahedeh".  I don't even know what this piece is (planter, bowl, etc.).  Thanks so much for any help!IMG_9608.JPG

IMG_9609.JPG

IMG_9610.JPG

IMG_9603.PNG

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I'm afraid I can't help with this piece or it's maker - though I've seen the name on many things, from china to some old Disney character figures.

One should keep in mind that Japan has not always been known for names such as Sony, Honda, Toyota, and such.  There was a point in time when Japan had the reputation that China now has for cheap and inexpensive things, as well as contract production of china and porcelain pieces for markets around the world.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks so much for replying.  I'm very familiar with Esco Japanese produced china as I have  a few other pieces.  There are tons of  beautiful patterns (you can check a lot of them out at the Replacements, LTD. website) but I cannot find this one's name anywhere!  Even the seller that has the above item listed doesn't say the pattern name.  I know it has to have one!  A lot of Esco's patterns are numbered instead of named but I couldn't find that either.  If anyone knows, let me know!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply