cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique T-shirts and other "product based" suggestions.

To Chris and the rest of the team: 

Personally, I think eBay is on the right track for many items... it just plain makes sense to collaspe similiar items into 1 listing and then expand them for buyers can make their selections!     I'm concerned about rather or not "eBay" has a working understanding of the t-shirt business and will be able to understand "product" in my category.  So i want to give a few hints for you to pass on to your team... 

FIRST... my buyers are first and foremost shopping for a DESIGN... NOT a shirt.   When a customer comes into my brick and mortar store they will ask FIRST to see all the designs according to their interest.  At this stage, the article of clothing is not even in the front of their thought process.  They have an interest... and what a new shirt to go with that interest.  Might be a pet... might be an occupation... might be a family title... But that is always how a customer begins.  "Got any _______ designs".  Then they will say... "I want this one".   At this stage I then ask what do you want that on.  They ask, "What are my options".  i will say I have T-shirts, Crewneck and Hooded Sweatshirts and Long sleeve t-shirts in stock... From there they'll say "let's put in on a t-shirt"... and I'll ask what color?  They will then look at all the options and pick a color.  Finally I ask what size.     That is how every purchase in my business goes.    

My fundemental problem is Gildan offers 65 colors of shirts and 12 sizes. That's 780 variations of JUST the G5000's.  BUT.. buyers also want long sleeve, crewneck and hooded as an option... and if we understand product the product is the DESIGN... THAT is what we sell.  Right now on eBay I have the same design in 8 different listings and that is severly limited in options.  Ebay limits us to a mere 250 variations...  Think about this... Try running a Dominoes pizza business here on eBay... They have 30 million variations... There would be no way they could do it here.  That's the current problem holding eBay back in the t-shirt business and why it is about the LAST place people shop online for t-shirts instead of the FIRST place!  

So... If I'm a product manager trying to organize this... I would think in terms of DESIGNS and THEMES.  NOT "unique".  So take all the "firefighter" designs and throw all "firefighter themed" t-shirts into that catalog.  Simply visit some of the major t-shirt websites to gain an understanding of our "categories"  keeping in mind that DESIGNS is primarily what we are selling...   THEN.. to really simplify things... let us sell the DESIGN as a master listing with 1,000's (if not unlimited) varitions.   The buyer is first shopping for the DESIGN... THEN let them pick the GARMENT... then let them pick the color and then finally, the size....  

Danny

DBA HoneVille 

photo HONEVILLELOGO-1.jpg

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0