cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Category Changes Relocated, renamed and combined categories

It appears that there are many category changes that will affect my listings.

When these categories get renamed or moved, will the current item specifics be erased or changed?

Will we need to edit them after the category change or move?

Most of them say moved, relocated or combined.

It says it is going to happen April 2018

Would you please give more details as to how each listing will be affected, when exactly it will happen and how we can be ready to fix them or edit, remove or redo them?  Will we be alerted when it actually happens in April?  Will there be some sort of notation on our listing in the seller hub when it happens?

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

In most cases, the surviving category your inventory is moved to will have the same item specifics.

You should not have to edit your listigs; however, in many cases we may have new/improved item specifics in the new category where your listings are moved. It's recommended you review the listings and where applicable utilize any new tags/values that are available. 

The cateogories are scheduled to change on April 10th at this time. No additional updates will go out when the changes are made. The changes are not expected to be impactful; that is, edits by you are only optional -- only edit if you want to use new aspects or wish to move your items to an alternative location.

To edit a single listing:

1. Select the listing you want to revise in My eBay
  2. Click the "Edit" button
  3. From the "Actions" menu, select "Edit listings"

To edit multiple listings:

1. Select the listings you want to revise
  2. Click the "Edit" button
  3. From the "Edit" drop-down menu at the top of the page, select "Item specifics"
  4. From the drop-down menu at the top of the next screen, select "Edit listings in bulk"
  5. Make the changes you want in the grid, then click the "Save and Close" button
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

It appears that there are many category changes that will affect my listings.

When these categories get renamed or moved, will the current item specifics be erased or changed?

Will we need to edit them after the category change or move?

Most of them say moved, relocated or combined.

It says it is going to happen April 2018

Would you please give more details as to how each listing will be affected, when exactly it will happen and how we can be ready to fix them or edit, remove or redo them?  Will we be alerted when it actually happens in April?  Will there be some sort of notation on our listing in the seller hub when it happens?

Thank you 

In March, we will be adding functionality to seller hub as well as My eBay to help guide sellers on which of their items have not been associated with the eBay catalog. We encourage sellers to use these reports when they are available to help prioritize their efforts to comply with the requirement before it launches in May. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I can hardly wait . . . .   A few years back eBay decided to update/revise categories in needlework, specifically embroidery, cross-stitch, crewel, and needlepoint.  I don't think they realize what a large population of needleworkers we are.  One long-term and highly rated seller with a loyal following had a number of items listed which included needlepoint canvases (made of cotton), that are hand-painted (therefore costly), or linen cross-stitch fabric.  Overnight, all her listings were reclassified as "plastic canvas."  Plastic canvas is inexpensive (key word, "plastic") and is what we use to teach beginners.  Quite disappointing.  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@Anonymouswrote:

In most cases, the surviving category your inventory is moved to will have the same item specifics.

You should not have to edit your listigs; however, in many cases we may have new/improved item specifics in the new category where your listings are moved. It's recommended you review the listings and where applicable utilize any new tags/values that are available. 

Currently when this occurs the only way to find out your item specs need to be updated is to use the bulk tool. I think that is very inconvenient.

Will Seller Hub offer a functionality that Flags listings when item spec fields have changed for the category the item is listed in? If not, can you implement that feature?

On a related note:

Listing items in "best fit" categories can be a tedious process going listing by listing doing searches for similar items. Can functionality be implemented to Seller Hub where a listing is Flagged if it is not listed in the "best fit" category?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@Anonymous Would love to get some input on my above post. 🙂

Message 6 of 6
latest reply