cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog

I think I finally understand.

I thought the product identifiers meant the item would show up on google.

But it means if my item is made in italy, and i associate it with similar items made in italy, then my buyer won't see Chinese items.

Am I right?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Catalog

@annindallas wrote:

I think I finally understand.

I thought the product identifiers meant the item would show up on google.

But it means if my item is made in italy, and i associate it with similar items made in italy, then my buyer won't see Chinese items.

Am I right?

Product identifiers help buyers find your item more easily, both on eBay and in search engines like Google and Bing, even when the buyer does not specifically use them during their search. Listings that include an item’s brand, MPN, and GTIN are given greater visibility in eBay search results and navigation, and also benefit from:

• Priority placement in eBay deals, bargains, and other promotions
  • More robust listing information and item specifics, which are included automatically when your item is matched to a product in the eBay catalog
  • More accurate pricing guidance to help make your listings more competitive

Manufacture country is not a relevant factor in terms of buyer country when indexing search results.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Catalog

So how do you plan to differentiate authentic items from reproductions and knock offs??    Or is it more of buyer beware??

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Catalog

This is going to be an absolute nightmare and of course this "catalog" that is going to be made by Ebay, which the sellers are suppose to ensure is correct, is not going to be backed up by anyone on the Ebay staff. So basically, we can't go back to Ebay and say, "Well you put the information up there, so it's your fault."  We're basically told to use their product, but they're accepting no liability for the assembly or workmanship of it. Unbelievable.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Catalog

It really IS unbelievable: eBay is acting as if the merchandise in "their" catalog come from THEM! They seem to have forgotten the merchandise is supplied by millions of other people!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply