cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

final value fee

when i get a return and i have very high status on the item do i get the 5% back that they charged me when i refund the buyer when item is returned

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: final value fee

Dont know what you mean by high status item and five percent. Final value fee is ten percent and that should be credited to your account.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: final value fee

All of my sales fees are 13% ---10% goes to eBay and 3% goes to PayPal+ 30¢ (that extra 30¢ goes to PayPal for reasons unknown). I have seen that certain items have lower fees, however.  Sometimes eBay offers me lower fees on certain types of items as a sort of special deal for a few days or a week.  If you have a store (I don't) or are in some special seller category, then I think fees vary.

Your question is written a bit confusingly. If you mean do you receive back your "Final Value Fee" on a return, then, yes, I believe you do. 

Today I had a woman (1st time for everything) contact me to ask me to cancel a sale. She gave me a long story about WHY she wanted to cancel. Strangely (I think), she offered to pay for the item but didn't want me to ship. I guess she was okay with losing her $23.00, apart from the shipping charged.

Of course, I just went ahead and cancelled the entire sale. No big deal. Then---eBay messaged me twice, telling me my Final Value Fees would be sent back to my PayPal account. And eBay automatically relisted the item for me. You should have received notice of fees being returned to you.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply