cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UV water filter fittings

I bought a 55W 12GPM UV water fllter.  While the description said 1" MNTP  I cannot fit a FNTP connector to it.  The thread is not tapered as used in pipe fittling.  GIven the tube is made of stainless steel I think the thread is actually straight (or parallel) as opposed to tapered as advertised.

Cannot find adapter in big box nor plumbing stores.  WIthouwing knowing the actual thread specs I cannot even buy online.  BTW, adapters that look correct are super expensive, like $20-$25 a piece.

Seller while responsive, do not know the asnwer and has to wait for supplier to answer my situation.

I saw that this item was sold many times and there are positive reviews.  I wonder if there are buyers who successfully used this product  can tell me how they did it; may be which adapter and where to buy.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

UV water filter fittings

It's hard to see the end fittings on both sides of the tube, but by the looks of others in online post ...... Looks like people have added quick connectors allowing for quick connects to your system great and easy fix if for a filtration system, if this is for your whole house you might have to eat the $$20 -25  ones online.. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply