cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The lantern stopped working two days ago,and seller refuses to make good on this defective lantern.

I bought a flame less latern Jan 28 2017 .I didn't receive the latern until Feb. 16 2017. The lantern stopped working two days ago,and seller refuses to make good on this defective lantern. I know the rule is 180 days protection,but I didn't get the lantern until 3 weeks after I placed my order,so I haven't owned the lantern for 180 days.

So my advice is to stay away from this vendor.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

The lantern stopped working two days ago,and seller refuses to make good on this defective lantern.

1. It is a board violation to name & shame.

Your post will be edited & you will be slapped with a wet lettuce leaf.

2. You had 30 days after DELIVERY to open a case with eBay. 

3. You have 180 days aftet PAYMENT to open a case with PayPal. 

So my advice is to study the board guidelines & Buyer Protection. 

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@ralphs007

You have until August 15th to file with Paypal.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

PayPal said the 180 days starts with the purchase date. Not very fair since the seller took three weeks to deliver the product.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

The lantern work up until three days ago.Had the vendor shipped the item instead of sitting on it for three weeks,I would have been inside the 180 days.

From now on ,I'll be paying for all purchases,with a credit card,at least the credit card company won't hang me out to dry! I don't think expecting a product to work for more than five months is unreasonable,and this vendor is no good!

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I think it is unreasonable to expect a seller who is not a manufacturer to warrant a product, period.
Janet

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Thanks,I'd like to change the feedback I left for this vendor,is this possible?

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I don't care what you sell if you don't stand behind it you shouldn't be in sales period!

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@ralphs007 wrote:

Nope.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@ralphs007 wrote:

I don't care what you sell if you don't stand behind it you shouldn't be in sales period!

And I don't care what you buy, unless you have a valid manufacturers warranty, 6 months after purchase is unreasonable regarding the expectation of returning a broken or defective item and receiving a refund. No one selling items on eBay is going to offer such a warranty.

How would the seller even know you didn't drop the lantern and break it yourself? I seriously doubt the seller you are seeking to discredit purposely sold an item he knew would stop working on the off chance it would work only long enough to leave you with no chance to file a Return for Refund claim.

I'm sorry this happened to you, but IMO, this is an unfortunate occurrence, but the seller is not responsible.

Belle
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

You cannot change your fb left...but you can "respond to feedback left" and/or "respond to feedback received". Just be fair, and keep emotions out of it. I sympathize with your dilemma and frustrations, but not totally on board with your response, seems rather blown out of proportion IMHO.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@*help_no_brakes* wrote:

@ralphs007 wrote:

Nope.

LOL! @*help_no_brakes* , you truly have a gift for the simple, succinct response. 😉

Belle
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Sorry for any confusion the edits may have caused. The edits were to the topic title only. Thanks for your understanding. If you have any questions in regards to the edit, please contact me via private message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- miss.kitty.kat
Community Moderator
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Okay,I'm out of here,I can  see that most of you guys are seller's,and you stick together like politicians. No need to reply,cause I won't be reading it.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

LOL....thanks miss kitty cat for taking the time to post a clarification for all your edits....I was wondering what plague had descended upon this entire thread, then I recalled how the OP had named in the title ( which was a no-no)....so it all makes sense now. Cat Happy

Message 15 of 16
latest reply