cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an issue with a dishonest seller and Ebay missed the notice of return.

I recently purchased a small item from a seller (foam hanger covers) for $7.19.  It is not the amount of money lost, but the issue that this seller is pulling this stuff on unsuspecting people.  I ordered white foam hangers and got orange.   Told seller I wanted to return for  refund.  He told me to take the $7.00+ order to my nearest UPS drop off for return.   I told him UPS return was 30 minutes away and I wasn't going to waste an hour of my time plus gas for a $7.00 return and that since he was responsible for covering returns he needed to send me a prepaid USPS label that I could put in my mailbox for pickup.  Instead he sent me a prepaid label to Amazon.  I told him this wouldn't work that it was an Ebay purhase not Amazon.  (Is he that stupid, a scam artist or just foreign and not familiar with the English language?)   He sent me a second one from Amazon which made no sense.  He refused to explain anything.  I went ahead and sent it.  Ebay thought that I hadn't sent anything event hough I had and then Ebay closed the case.  I'm out $7.19 and this clown is either pulling a fast one or is incredibly stupid.  Like I said, it's not the money as much as he is pulling a fast one and Ebay will not even let me address it at this point.  I can't even leave negative feedback to warn others!!  Any input here?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I have an issue with a dishonest seller and Ebay missed the notice of return.

the seller could be using Amazon as a drop shipper - that would explain the Amazon return label - using Amazon as a drop shipper is completely "legal" (you might be surprised how many sellers use Amazon as a drop shipper) - don't know anything  about the Amazon return label (drop shipping is a bad way for a seller to go no matter who does their shipping)

did you pay thru paypal?? paypal might still cover you (note I said "might")  

nufces09 - Mary
Message 2 of 2
latest reply