cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUYER BEWARE

Beware,  I purchased a slipcover knowing it had three seats and I had two but thought I could make it work.  When I received it and took a look at a cushion I realized it wasn't going to work.  Notified the seller I was returning it, I hadn't taken anything but a cushion cover out of the box.   The seller notified me there would be a 20% restocking fee.   I sent an email to her asking if we could compromise on the fee as I felt it was too much.  She replied that unfortunately she had to "comply with the eBay policy of 20%."  That was a lie.  I called eBay and they said the seller sets their own policy.   I paid a total of $442 for the item and received a refund of $330; paid S/H both ways, so for the return I was charged $34.54 in addition to the $442 I had already paid.   After paying the S/H both ways I lost $147 ??!  for my mistake.  An expensive lesson.  Do you think that's fair?  

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

BUYER BEWARE

wrote:

Beware  I purchased a slipcover knowing it had three seats and I had two but thought I could make it work.  When I received it and took a look at a cushion I realized it wasn't going to work.  Notified the seller I was returning it, I hadn't taken anything but a cushion cover out of the box.   The seller notified me there would be a 20% restocking fee.   I sent an email to her asking if we could compromise on the fee as I felt it was too much.  She replied that unfortunately she had to "comply with the eBay policy of 20%."  That was a lie.  I called eBay and they said the seller sets their own policy.   I paid a total of $442 for the item and received a refund of $330; paid S/H both ways, so for the return I was charged $34.54 in addition to the $442 I had already paid.   After paying the S/H both ways I lost $147 ??!  for my mistake.  An expensive lesson.  Do you think that's fair? 

Yes... you bought something that you thought might work.

You bought a three seat slipcover for your two seater. The seller did not hold a gun to your head. You made a choice to purchase the item.

That is not the sellers fault. The sellers policy was clearly shown and you bought it anyway.

Sadly you learned an expensive lesson.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply