cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Babylock Protege Serger

I'm looking for a good previously owned serger and wondered if anyone has the protege model. If so, please tell me your likes and dislikes. Thanks!
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Babylock Protege Serger

I am thinking of buying one also. Did you get one? What do you think of it?
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Babylock Protege Serger

I have a Babylock Eclipse that I purchased second-hand. It is absolutely fabulous. I love, love, love the jet air threading, what a joy it is to use - I look for excuses to have to rethread the machine! The stitch quality is great, there is nothing that I am unhappy with. I had never used a Babylock machine of any type before, if I ever am looking at a new sewing machine, I would certainly check theirs out. Good luck finding a machine that you like.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Babylock Protege Serger

Oh, one more thing, if you are looking for a new machine, be sure to check all the dealers in your area - I found the prices differences to be huge. Also, a dealer near me had a special event going on, a Babylock teacher was in for the day showing their best serger. They had that model and the next one down (I think they were the Evolve and Wave), they were great prices, but the extras included at the event were phenomenal. Thankfully I had just purchased my used, or I would have wanted one badly.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Babylock Protege Serger

I just started to take sewing lessons through a sewing lounge and have fallen in love with the serger. She made us finish seams a variety of ways before she would let us use a serger. I am now haunting craigslst and yard sales for one of my own!

Good to know that you like the babylock eclipse. That is one that I am looking for. Especially for the jet air threading!

My sewing machine that I use the most is a 1947 singer featherweight. I love it! But, I haven't heard many good things about singer brand sergers.

Does anyone have any comments about other serger brands besides babylock??
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Babylock Protege Serger

fjwkodiak
Enthusiast
Baby Lock is the best . . . hands down (when it comes to sergers)! However, Bernina makes a WONDERFUL serger as well! They are both pricey.

The older Singer machines are totally unbeatable! I mean for years I kept buying used Singers at garage sales and auctions (Touch n' Sew models from the 70's) they were work horses and made cool button holes. But now Singer's new machines are lacking in quality (sew I am told).
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Babylock Protege Serger

You might take a look on my item 160322933539 with the serger babylock BL402 Protege. Mostly it was sitting on the shelf and barely used. It is oiled, threaded for your convenience, and ready for hard work in the new home.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Babylock Protege Serger

4godnfreedom
Enthusiast
does anyone know where I can get a copy of the video for the serger? Thank you!
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Babylock Protege Serger

camelotsquare
Enthusiast

I have a Baby Lock Protege Serger Model bl5370. My mother gave it to me for my daughter to use but she's not interested. It was just serviced and I'd like to sell it

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Babylock Protege Serger

Hi- I know this is an older post- but do you still have the babylock protege to sell? if so I am interested! Thanks, Wendy

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Babylock Protege Serger

Did yoy sell your babylock serger?

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Babylock Protege Serger

I have a Babylock Protege Serger that I will be listing soon.  I purchased it new andit  is in excellent condition - Looks perfect, runs perfect.  Barely used.  I have everything that comes with it and a hard carrying case.  I will be listing it soon.  Also an electronic display  Viking 936 serger that I purchased new.  Have everything that came with it plus extra feet and a wheeled case.  Also in perfect condition - barely used.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Babylock Protege Serger

I wish I could use my Protege. The manual was lost, and I can't find one anywhere. I have a singer that was given to me, It works well, I really like it, but want to use the Protege.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Babylock Protege Serger

I found the manual, but now am having problems with the stitching. The feed is fine. All the threads just come through straight.
Message 14 of 14
latest reply