cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time frame for a seller to ship

Hey guys I bought an item and I didn't know if there is a time frame the seller has to ship item.. I haven't heard back and don't know if I should start another big
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It is usually stated on the listing. All of my listings say One Business Day handling time.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Yes there is.

Most sellers will ship within 24 hours, but some put their handling/packaging time at up to seven days. Even if they ship sooner.

Then when they have shipped eBay will send you a notice with the approximate time frame for delivery.

The seller may also have just marked your purchase shipped. Check your Items Purchased list.

That being said, that's the seller's problem.

If you have not received your item within 20* days of PAYMENT., use Contact Seller and ask politely for the date of shipping, the service used and the tracking number.

Don't worry if there is no tracking number. Many sellers don't use this expensive service, especially if the item is low value.

If you get a number, great you can use it to see where your parcel was last recorded.**

If the seller can only give you the shipping date and service, look at the USPS website for approximate delivery dates.

Now, if the seller ignores you or worse offers a replacement***, go to the eBay Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received Dispute.

The first suggestion is to contact the seller, but you've already done that, so escalate to a Claim.

It won't be instant, but if the seller cannot show Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

*30 days if the seller is overseas.

**Which isn't where it is, it has probably moved on since then.

*** It's a scam, the replacement will never arrive either.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply