Did you mean: 

Rookie mistake

Accidently posted the same item twice how do I take one down
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Rookie mistake

Don't sweat it, this happens!

Go into your active listings, there will be a drop down menu all the way to the left. One of the choices will be to end listing. Click that, it might take you to a page asking you to cancel bids, then click finish. Very quick!

eBay will usually automatically delete a duplicate listing, but this is a quick fix

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Rookie mistake

I relisted some things, went to my unsold page and relisted the items that said not relisted. Appaantly ebays computer made a mistake and relisted something that was already listed, I had called several weeks before and asked if I could trust the unsold page and ebay said yes and sent me an email on ways to avoid a dulplicate listing. Ebay stopped me from listing for 30 days and it said if it happens again they will not let me list again. I lost a lot because I had already purchased Easter inventory which I got stuck with. 

Now I am scared to death to open my store again because if there is another computer error I will lose my store.I have a 100% feedback and I am a power seller, my customers all write really nice things about my merchandise, I am very consciencus, I even take the loss when the post office loses something that I have tracking info saying they have the object. I have never had a return.

I wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else and does anyone know someway I could put this in writing and send it to someone in case it happens again. I am afraid to purchase inventory as I could get stuck with it. I spoke to 2 supervisors and they both said they couldnt appeal it.......Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Rookie mistake

I even take the loss when the post office loses something that I have tracking info saying they have the object.

Don't do that.

Not only do you lose on this, but so does every other seller the scammer victimizes in future.

If you have Proof of Delivery, put the delivery confirmation number into the Claim and you win.

You keep your money and the scammer cannot leave feedback.

Also eBay has a little Note on that scammer's account. They will add up-- eventually.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Rookie mistake

Find the transaction number on the listing. Copy it.

Then follow these instructions:

In My eBay > All selling, find your item, choose End My Listing Early from the More actions drop-down, enter the item number, and then click Continue.

If you're canceling an auction-style listing, decide whether you want to cancel any bids you've received or sell your item to the highest bidder. Then enter the reason you're ending your listing early. For auction-style listings, we send bidders an email letting them know you canceled their bids.
Before you end a listing early, consider alternatives such as revising the listing, or using the out-of-stock option on Good 'Til Cancelled listings with multiple quantities. Also, be aware that there are restrictions on when you can end a listing, and you may be charged a fee.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Rookie mistake

If you want to make absolutely certain you have no duplicate listings, here is a tool that will do it for you:

http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/DuplicateListings.htm

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 6 of 6
latest reply