cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crooks on ebay

Back in 2008 I purchased a part for my Honda from a "Mr. Lee", Suit Lee to be specific. I sent him a U.S. Postal money order in good faith; after waiting an unusually long time I received no part. The low life S.O.B. claimed that he never received it and complained to eBay that I cheated him but 6 months later the post office had a record of it being cashed by Mr. Lee. I never made another purchase on eBay! The moral of this is buyer beware! And Mr. Lee if you are reading this know that I haven't forgot what a low life you are and I would love to resolve this face to face!!!
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Crooks on ebay

All I used to do was money orders buying and selling hundereds of times only had a problem twice with buyers and twice with sellers. The fifth time I sent two MOs

Priority Mail  to a seller in Texas and the USPS lost them and then refused to refund the Priority Mail(They did refund the MOs)!To me this tells me that the majority of

people are fairly honest there are just those few that well you know ......  can't resist.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Crooks on ebay

There was a reason why eBay will no longer allow sellers to demand cheques, money orders or cash.

There is no reasonable way to prove that the payment was either sent or received.

Buyers who are willing to give up all protection against outright fraud or even against differences of opinion on Descriptions, can ask sellers if they will accept paper payments, but the seller is allowed to say yes or no.

Events that happened in 2008 or 2013 are not relevant to the situation today.

Sellers can only demand payment that can be electronically viewed by eBay or Paypal personnel.

The exception would be cash on pickup, but there the buyer has the opportunity to inspect the lot before handing over cash.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Crooks on ebay

Yes I know it's not current information as far as selling today just a point of view on selling. As far as proof yes there was, as I said I have bought and sold

on Ebay since 1998 and used Postal Money orders onlly till about 04'. USPS MOs are entirely trackable as far as who cashed if made out to a certain person or

business and I never had one stolen just two lost thanks to USPS. I think one thing lost on the old Ebay  to the new Ebay was the fact that so many people did

businesslike this and rarely had problems today there almost as much fraud with CCs and e cheques. Sure there was some wild west style crooks back then like

the guys selling bad hard drives as good all day long. But you know what there was lot more unique items on on Ebay back then today with all the fees and rules

a lot of people don't even want to list here they'd rather sell it a tag sale. Am i knocking Ebay no but they have  scared away sellers and buyers in recent years and

much of this is a reiteration of what I have read here on the forums. As far as crooks now they are pretty obvoius to spot some buyers just don't

read the details or feedback and get ripped off. Am i wrong about that no, for one I listed an item and solid it twice in a week (cancelled x2) and got harassed by

potential buyers all because of the title and the key words HP Tablet i7 enough to get them riled and senseless and none bothered to check details. When was this

you might ask? Last week!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply