cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skin on my face is peeling non stop!

The skin on my face just above my eyebrows, between my eyebrows, and on my cheek area just next to both sides of my nose peels, never ending.

I do have blackheads in this area, so that my be part of the problem. It my be the oil bothering my skin. Cleaning the skin in this area just makes in worse.

Anyone have this problem and know a solution?
Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

The only time I had skin which continually peeled was when I applied an acne medicine (benzoyl peroxide did that to me every time). Since you indicated that these areas also have blackheads, I am wondering if you put acne medicine on them. That would result in those areas peeling too.
Message 2 of 73
latest reply

Are you using some sort of acne/blackhead treatment on these areas. I peel in the exact same areas when Im using strong acne meds on these areas. I found one product that works GREAT for full face coverage without any peeling. Its NEUROGENA RAPID CLEAR acne defense face LOTION. I actually use this under my makeup and mix it with my moisturizer. I never peel from this stuff and it actually helps. When I peel alot I use Philosophys HOPE IN A JAR for normal skin, just a tad helps the peeling and its not overly greasy.
Message 3 of 73
latest reply

I don't put anything on my skin and it still peels, happens the most after i take a shower, i don't even clean the skin in the shower, just let water run on it, and it still peels.

I don't put any acne medication on this area, because it will really peel then.

For some reason my nose does not peel, and i have the most backheads there.

I may need to put some kind of a lotion in these areas to hide the peeling, but it needs to be anti shine, and not go into the pores.
Message 4 of 73
latest reply

Wow, I have honestly never heard of anyone having peeling skin, just because that is the way it is. Have you considered having a dermatologist look at your face? Both my son and daughter had problems with acne (the son with cystic acne and the daughter with typical blackheads). The doctor was great with both situations.
Message 5 of 73
latest reply

Wow if your not out in the sun and your peeling that excessively I would see a dermatoligist ASAP. Good luck.
Message 6 of 73
latest reply

debdewaltoff
Scout
I'm casting my vote with the others for you to make an appointment with a dermatologist. It sounds as if you may have seborrhea, and a doctor can tell you the right things to use for it. If you do have seborrhea, it's a type of skin inflamation, no cause is known and it can affect everyone from infants to the elderly.

Why take a chance and take guesses about it - let a doctor take a look and find out what it is for sure!
Message 7 of 73
latest reply

dwalaw
Enthusiast
Hi; sorry to hear you're suffering this aggravation.

I agree you need to see a dermatologist! Although inconvenient, I bet it proves to be less hassle in the long run. Why live with it & try a zillion products for months or even years when there may be a simple answer?

Good luck!
Message 8 of 73
latest reply

lily*sgarden
Scout
It sounds to me like a problem that could be solved simply enough by some gentle exfoliation. Get yourself an exfoliating scrub and use it daily. My favorite is 7 Day Scrub Cream by Clinique. It works great and is gentle enough for everyday use - it will even help with your blackheads.
Message 9 of 73
latest reply

debdewaltoff
Scout
Here's the problem with trying to guess the cause of a person's skin problem on a chat board. If the OP does have an actual skin problem such as sebbohrea, using a scrub (exfoliating) product on her face is going to aggravate it. She might not have sebborhea, she could just have merely flaky skin, or she could have other skin problems... so why take a chance and play games with this?

I'm speaking as a person who played games with my skin and made my problem worse. As a teen, I had read "rinse your face in ice cold water to close pores..." - great idea, but not if you have rosacea. "Steam your skin to open pores and release toxins..." again, great, but not if you have rosacea. A little sun was great for drying up some acne, but sun is an aggravating factor in rosacea .... So now I have small broken veins all over my face on top of the usual rosacea redness... and if I had a few grand to burn, I could go and get a few laser treatments to remove them, but I don't have that kind of money. It would have been cheaper to see the dermatologist why back when, but hindsight is 20/20 right? So again, OP, don't play with your skin, have it checked out, and let us know what if its something like a skin condition or just some dry, flakey skin.
Message 10 of 73
latest reply

What is seborrhea? How is it treated?

Does it only effect the areas on the cheek just on either side of the nose, and across the top of the eyebrows? I also have a spot on my hairline that is flaking.

Whats best for hiding flaking skin, and doesn't clog the pores, or put a shine on your face?
Message 11 of 73
latest reply

debdewaltoff, don't stress not being able to afford the laser treatment for your spider veins because, they come back.

My father had his removed on his nose and two years later it looks just the same as before.
Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
Message 12 of 73
latest reply

debdewaltoff
Scout
Buy, you're right about the spider veins - I had a bunch removed 20 years ago when they did it with an electric (ouch!) needle, and they did come back...

Sunlotions, I guess that you haven't gone to a doctor yet! Anyway, check out this website (put the www. in front of it) - medicinenet.com/seborrhea/article.htm and read all about it.

Again, you might not have this, but get it looked at to make sure.
Message 13 of 73
latest reply

needs_and_nessesities
Trailblazer
I agree with the other posters who said to see a dermatologist. OP, your user name is Sunlotions. If you have, in fact, been a user of sunlotions and tanning, and have patches that are not healing, this is a sign of some kind of trauma going on with your skin. Constant flaking is not normal, but regular shedding of the upper layer of skin is. There are many other disorders it could be, anywhere from parasitic infections such as tinea(ringworm), skin disorders like the seborrhea mentioned, all the way up to pre-cancerous cells.

If you came into my salon for a facial, I would probably have to tell you to see a doctor or dermatologist before I could give you any treatments, and I would need a letter from them indicating you were ok for any services I could give you. At the very least, you should immediately begin using a high SPF lotion and stay completely out of the sun, and wear a hat with a wide brim.
Message 14 of 73
latest reply

1katzmeow
Enthusiast
I have the same peeling problem but it is due to using retina A. To combat it I exfoliate everyday and use a good moisturizer- not oil free because it won't moisurize enough but a kind that does not have pore clogging ingredients since i have acne prone/oily skin. The only thing I have found that works is Philosophy Hope in a Jar.
Message 15 of 73
latest reply