cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling CPAP Masks..Ebay policy is Wrong!

middaglabe8std
Enthusiast
Ebay's current policy regarding the sale of CPAP masks, either new or used, states that the FDA prohibits the sale unless you are a registered health care dealer, and a doctor's prescription is provided. This is not true at all. CPAP machines do require a prescription, but NOT masks. I have worked in health care for 20 years, and I am very familiar with the law regarding this. Ebay needs to meet with their lawyers and get this one figured out correctly. I am contacting them during business hours to contest this policy. I probably won't get far, but it's worth a try.
Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Good Luck. Something does need to be done I just had a listing pulled. I contacted ebay they told be ebay does not pull listings on cpap masks unless someone has reported it to them. Are they going to ever get there act together on this issue?
Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Your competitors are reporting your CPAP masks.
Message 3 of 33
latest reply

There has been a lot of back and forth from eBay with CPAP masks over the years. They're allowed, they're banned, they're allowed, they're banned. You may just succeed in getting the ban lifted.

“A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.” George RR Martin
Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Believe you are right - just before mine was pulled received an email from a guy offering me a set price if it was pulled including the shipping? Makes a person wonder!
Message 5 of 33
latest reply

I had same problem with a tens unit. Mine was pulled for same reason.

But plenty of others currently online for sale and sold over the years!

I think ebay is a very biased selling venue when they pick and choose whom to penalize!
Message 6 of 33
latest reply

These masks are something I wouldn't want to sell on Ebay and especially since more and more folks are developing allergies to the silicone in them.
Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Are they going to ever get there act together on this issue?

Hahahaha

I have not seen ebay "get their act together" on an issue yet!
Michael J...

If you're talking, you're not listening....If you're not listening, you're not learning.
Message 8 of 33
latest reply

The FDA is wrong too! Why should the sale of used CPAP machines/humidifiers not be legal? There are tons of people that don't have insurance and can't afford new equipment. If the government can do this to people then they should pay for the new machines. Canada does!

Perhaps people are modifying them to smoke that evil marijuana bud!
Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Canada does!"
Not entirely true. Certain provinces might.
Message 10 of 33
latest reply

mixcheermom
Enthusiast

All these silicone masks are Hypoallergenic....These don't create allergies. Cushion rashes and marks are from over tightning and sweat.

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

mixcheermom
Enthusiast

All these silicone masks are Hypoallergenic....These don't create allergies. Cushion rashes and marks are from over tightning and sweat.

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

mercado9991
Enthusiast

I just listed a new cpap mask. I don't claim to know what it is used for and you can use it as a sling shot for all I care. Just trying to make a buck. So, I guess by tomorrow morning my listing will be pulled after it gets reported. I suppose after that I will re-list the parts separately. Probably make more money that way. I can see the point e-bay is trying to make about "medical" stuff. Still, they have to protect themselves from all the dummies who might injury themselves using this stuff.

I agree with you midda, masks and accessories should be okay. I hope you get somewhere with this, you will help us all.

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

I bet you are a Cpap masks seller or have some sort of interest not fully disclosed.....you dont develop allergies just like that in case you didnt know you dont wake up and realize youre alergic to peanuts at an age of 35....your statement is ridiculous.

@woodlandnaturephotography wrote:
These masks are something I wouldn't want to sell on Ebay and especially since more and more folks are developing allergies to the silicone in them.

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

uh, actually you CAN just suddenly have an allergy to something.  I didn't break out in hives the first time I was given Demerol.  Nor the 2nd time.  but the third did the trick!

A fur coat is just a second-hand garment that looked better on the original owner.
Message 15 of 33
latest reply