cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone tried DermaTend Mole remover?

I have a couple moles I would rather be without, and don't really want to get surgery. I've heard of this cream called DermaTend that supposedly removes them, I'm wondering if anyone has tried it and with what results? Thanks all!
Message 1 of 129
latest reply
128 REPLIES 128

mitchell3606
Enthusiast
Hi, i have just received my order of Dermatend today!(friday may 18th)I've heard if you use it the way the instructions tell you to it works great. I started using it right away, exactly the way it tells you to. I'm using it on a raised mole on my back that is about the size of a pencil eraser, and a few other flat ones. It burns when you put it on! I bought the .5 ounce jar and it says 4 to 8 large moles....but im thinkin more like 50 large moles! There is alot of dermatend in the jar! I will keep you posted daily as to how it works! I had a hard time finding info about how well it works so i will put some out there. see ya.
Message 2 of 129
latest reply

I sure hope you have had that mole checked by a doctor.
Message 3 of 129
latest reply

sweet*sassy*girl
Thrill-Seeker
I agree.

My son has several, and had one large one removed by his doc, but most importantly, it was biopsied....

"Within your heart, keep one still, secret spot where dreams may go."

Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!" ~Robin Williams

Message 4 of 129
latest reply

luvabargain06
Enthusiast
Dermatend has bloodroot in it.
I don't recommend it for moles. It can leave some huge wounds. It may work well for cancer, but I've read some scary stories from those who don't do too well with it
Here are some pretty graphic pics http://www.hid-n-discoveries.com/page/page/4561334.htm
Message 5 of 129
latest reply

mitchell3606
Enthusiast
I'm glad i asked for your opinions. just sit back and read what i type. It's been 4 days now and things are going perfect with the dermatend, everything is starting to heal already. It's working exactly like the instructions say it would. It does take a bit of patience and maintenance. But it's well worth the effort if it works out. The dermatend is strong, almost like some kind of acid. It really doesnt take much to do the job after you've prepared the mole, just enough to cover it, and it will burn the surrounding skin if you're not careful. Be ready for bandaids, there a must. I don't think i'd try it on my face unless i was really desperate, at least see a doctor about it. I am giving you my experience, you will have to make your own call when you decide if you want to try it.
Message 6 of 129
latest reply

mitchell3606
Enthusiast
ok its been 10 days now and the dermatend has done a pretty good job of removing my moles. They are still healing but things look good. I am going to have to go over one or two again cause they didnt completely go away. It took around a week for the scabs to come off. As far as scarring, its a little too early to tell but it looks like there wont be any, really amazing how well this works. I can say 100% that Dermatend works. From my experience i'd say the most important thing is to prepare the mole very good before you treat it, its kinda painful to scratch the hell out of it to make it raw but the ones i really roughed up came right off, the other couple i didnt really prepare well enough are the one i'll have to do again. The .5 oz. jar has waaaay more than enough to remove my, my neighbors, my whole blocks moles! I would definitley buy the small jar(trust me), i think they try to get over on you with the number of moles they say they'll remove-there's plenty. I spent $70 on the big jar and treated about 10 moles and the jar is still packed full, and i could have bought the smaller one and saved 30 bucks or so(damn). Peace.
Message 7 of 129
latest reply

applescruff23
Enthusiast
Sorry, but this whole thing is just as nutty as a fruitcake.

Educate yourself about moles and melanoma. Go to the American Cancer Society or NIH dot org websites to read about what suspicious moles look like and how to get them treated.

If you chemically burn them off, and they are cancerous... there's no way to know until the cancer spreads to other areas of your body. Then your'e screwed.

Saving thirty bucks or so won't matter anymore. Damn. Peace.
Message 8 of 129
latest reply

mitchell3606
Enthusiast
Whoa there, settle down, you clearly have no idea. I have done PLENTY of research about moles and melanoma buddy. Just because someone has a mole doesn't mean it's cancerous, so relax. The moles i treated looked and felt fine and I've had them for 28 years. Never had a problem with them. By removing a mole you eliminate the moles chance of becoming melanoma, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Also Dermatend is natural, not chemical. Peace.
Message 9 of 129
latest reply

mitchell3606
Enthusiast
Another thing, I put this on here so people could find a REAL experience with Dermatend. I'm not telling anyone to do what i did and I'm not saying "go out and get you some dermatend and slap it on every mole you see, even your kids!" Be sensible about it of course. But removing a mole is not going to cause cancer. Delay diagnosis? Perhaps. In my case i felt 100% sure of my situation. You'll have to decide for yourself. If your not sure talk to a doctor. peace.
Message 10 of 129
latest reply

applescruff23
Enthusiast
Mitchell, I'm so sorry. You obviously are very well educated about this subject, so you don't need to read the rest of this.

Allow me to tell others this:

Know what to look for in the difference of appearence between a normal and abnormal mole. Learn how to do this by reading information on websites I mentioned above, as well as:

www.skincancer.org/self_exam/look_for.php

Read on about the staging of melanoma; the depth and appearence of the cancer cells in the skin layer determines it's severity.

If you remove only part of the abnormal area (say, by chemically burning off the surface) the cancer will continue to spread. When it is surgically removed, the entire area is examined for abnormal cells as well as the MARGINS of the sample. If it shows the margins are not clear, more tissue will need to be taken off.

I don't think that "removing" a mole will cause cancer; that's just silly. If it's already present though, removing all cancerous tissue is vitally important to stop it's spread (unless it already has).

There are many different types of moles from normal to stages of atypical (some, not all, of which are precancerous and need to be removed to be biopsied as well or closely watched), all the way to stages of melanoma.

Well, heck no, all moles aren't cancerous, or will be (not that I said that) but it's important that they are examined by a professional to keep track of changes. Removing a normal mole won't do squat, but taking off a atypical one will. It's better to have them evaluated by someone who knows what they're doing, because why would you want to go willy nilly about taking off pieces of your body if you don't have to?

I don't. I have a compleate skin exam done every year, to keep an eye on the many moles I have. I hope that I don't get any more scars to go with the three surgeries I've had to remove atypical moles, one of which had to be re-excised (more skin removed) becasue it was considered moderately to severely atypical. I'm glad I didn't develop melanoma, because that would have happened if anything would have been left behind. I don't want it either, so I do everything I can to learn about it.

Sun can cause cancerous changes in moles, but that wasn't the case for me...they were just there.

People are quite free to decide what treatment course they should consider for removing, wether it be surgically or chemically burned off (synthetic or not, a chemical reaction is still the same result). Hopefully, they will make that decision with the right information to go on.

My choice if for only cosmetic reasons- have it done by a professional dermatologist, who can at the very least control scarring. If they're considered normal looking, just leave them alone, but be careful about the sun and keep an eye out for changes.

I'll give everyone my "real" experience as well- a little more knowledge never hurt anyone who might need it.

I hope the OP has been helped.
Message 11 of 129
latest reply

boss*mare
Enthusiast
the most important thing is to prepare the mole very good before you treat it, its kinda painful to scratch the hell out of it to make it raw

We don't have an emoticon that more suitably captures an expression of horror, but ":O"

It makes me queasy to ask, but what are you using to achieve this raw prep?

If your not sure talk to a doctor

Did you speak with a doctor before doing this? If so, what were his or her thoughts?
Message 12 of 129
latest reply

mitchell3606
Enthusiast
HAHA Boss! Sorry, it's not as bad as i made it out. The directions say use a sterile needle to "gently" scratch the surface of the mole to allow it to absorb the paste. I used a needle but i read of some using an emery board, which i would do if i could go back. As for talking to a doctor no i did not. I didn't go into it blindly though. The Internet is a great resource for information as you know, so i researched a good while, found some dermatology forums, learned that scratching or traumatizing a mole does not lead to cancerous change. As far as slapping a coat of Dermatend on it to burn it off, what i got was if it looks suspicious talk to a doc., if it looks normal, hasn't changed in size shape or color and isn't huge (i forget how big) then it should be fine.
Message 13 of 129
latest reply

:-p Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket ~~~This is my pencil. My pencil is yellow.~~~
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket ~~~ This is my pencil. My pencil is yellow.~~~
Message 14 of 129
latest reply

Are you sure these are moles, and not actinic keratosis?

http://www.pennhealth.com/ency/article/000827.htm.

There is a difference.
Message 15 of 129
latest reply