cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone remember Apple Pectin Shampoo?

daisy72673
Enthusiast
Just curious? I remember I use to love the smell of this stuff but can't remember what it did to my hair!
Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

butterfly3475
Enthusiast
Yes! I do. My grandma used to have it at her house. I loooooved the smell of it. I cant remember what it did to my hair either. Do they still make that shampoo?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Message 2 of 37
latest reply

needs_and_nessesities
Trailblazer
Yes, they do. Make it by the bucket, in fact, lol. We used it in cosmetology school on the mannikin heads, because it is so incredibly cheap(but still decent on the hair). Try a beauty supply place!
Message 3 of 37
latest reply

jeans-n-more
Enthusiast
They sell it at Sallys.
Message 4 of 37
latest reply

*x0x0*
Enthusiast
lol i remember it too... i used to get go to this place near my grandmother's house ( i called it the "apple shampoo place") to get my hair cut. That was the only way anyone could get me to cut my hair! I see it everywhere now! Even in the cleaning products...everything seems to be Green apple- from dishwashing liquid, to floor cleaner to bathroom spray... takes the joy out of the old Apple pectin!
Message 5 of 37
latest reply

smart_blonde330
Enthusiast
Hi! Don't post here, but often read to get ideas of what beauty products people are looking for.

But, I had to post on this thread. I LOVED Apple Pectin shampoo!! I don't remember what it did to my hair either, though, because I used it as a teen-ager in the late '80s. Can't remember that far back, LOL. All I remember is I adored the smell.

Thanks for posting this! I am going to find some and buy it. If it is not good for my hair (color treated), I can try it on my 2 year old daughter and still enjoy the smell 🙂

Lori
Message 6 of 37
latest reply

used2banimp
Enthusiast
Hey I remember it also! Loved that and the conditioner wwent so great with it too. I worked as a bookkeeper for a beauty supply company and we sold it by the caseload! Thanks for that memory!
Message 7 of 37
latest reply

jonny1965
Enthusiast
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2936038305&category=11861
Message 8 of 37
latest reply

rlbit
Enthusiast
Yep, I use to use it as well. Oddly I don't remember how my hair responded either, but I haven't forgotten the yummy smell. This thread makes me almost want to buy it for nostalgic reasons!
Message 9 of 37
latest reply

I remember Apple Pectin Shampoo...loved the smell!

Does anyone remember Lemon Up Shampoo? It hasn't been around for probably 25 years, but I recently found some in a mom and pop owned drugstore. It was covered in dust, but just seeing it brought back memories. 🐵

A puppy will melt the coldest of hearts.
Message 10 of 37
latest reply

bluegrass*girl
Enthusiast
I LOVED lemon up shampoo. Packaging was wonderful too! Wish they still made it. I also remember Ultra brite shampoo and that too smelled great! Wish both were still being sold.
Message 11 of 37
latest reply

I loved the giant plastic lemon cap on Lemon Up. I also was quite smitten with Body on Tap beer shampoo.

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

tiger557
Enthusiast
I remember Apple Pectin. I thought is was so great because it smelled like yummy apples. It really did make my hair soft. But, that was virgin hair.
Anyone remember... Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific? LOL
Message 13 of 37
latest reply

princesschickie
Enthusiast
My aunt used to cut my hair and used that shampoo.
Big beige bottle with red writing-yes I remember it sitting in the big cabinet on the shelf above the sinks. That stuff was great.
:-)
Message 14 of 37
latest reply

apple pectin shampoo and condtioner at sallys beauty
Message 15 of 37
latest reply