cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments Updates

As managed payments continues to expand to more sellers, and the capabilities of the program continues to grow.

You can read more about this change here, and leave any questions below so our experts can review. 

Please reply to this thread with questions, so our experts can review and reply.

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Managed Payments Updates

My first internet screen name ended with 44.  I wanted to use Ebay specifically, and was 44 years old, IE 44.  I'm 67 now, and Ebay has been in my life since I was 44 as a way of earning extra money.

A couple of years ago, Ebay began MANAGING my sales.   I sell collectables, and Good Till Cancelled is a disaster for what I sell.  No matter what I did, Ebay was completely unresponsive to my pleading, and my sales died.  Now you want to manage my money.   I don't trust Ebay as far as I can throw it.  I spoke with several MP reps and told them point blank that the day they required me to sign up for MP, was the day I would no longer sell on Ebay.  Check my listings, there are none.

For 23 years, Ebay has been there for me, I feel like I lost a friend.  MP might work great Ebay,  for Ebay buyers?? but not for me as a seller.   How can you expect sellers to give up Paypal, which is a fantastic company, for something new and untried.   And, you're doing this during a national Pandemic.  

I'm frustrated and disappointed by the way Ebay has handled this.    But also realize that Ebay could care less about what I think.  

Message 2 of 41
latest reply

Managed Payments Updates

For the automated returns, what determines if an eBay label is available?

What if we need to ship returns to different addresses depending on certain criteria?

What if we already offer free shipping and free returns with labels provided by us?

Message 3 of 41
latest reply

Managed Payments Updates

Truth PLEASE

Change Seller Update to Sharp stick in the eye.

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

Managed Payments Updates

@jeeperz-creeperz wrote:

What if we need to ship returns to different addresses depending on certain criteria?

What if we already offer free shipping and free returns with labels provided by us?

The Automated returns is the same program that has been in effect for ALL sellers except for MP seller until recently.  Automated returns started in the summer of 2018.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-summer/simplified-returns.html

If you have multiple return to addresses set up in your Return Preferences / site preferences and/or the RMA setting set, Ebay has to contact the seller BEFORE they can issue a shipping label.  At that time you can review the claim or issue your own return label if you want.  Ebay can't issue a label to the buyer until you assign your RMA number and/or select the return to address.

This is the same advice I've given since the summer of 2018.  

I just had a return a couple days ago.  I got a notification that I needed to select the return to address and assign an RMA number.  It went smoothly.  While I didn't do it, I think I could have just refunded the claim instead of requiring a return, but I did not test that out.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 41
latest reply

Managed Payments Updates

@bebe-sboy wrote:

Truth PLEASE

@bebe-sboy 

What in the update inspired this feeling for you?

Message 6 of 41
latest reply

Managed Payments Updates

@jeeperz-creeperz wrote:

@jeeperz-creeperz 

Thank you for your questions, please see our response below from our Returns team.

For automated refunds, eBay label availability is determined by:
  • Requests meet your listing returns policy
  • The return is domestic and will be shipped within the US
  • The return is not an exchange or replacement request (sellers can only set that they offer exchanges when they list) 
If you are using a different label/different addresses, in your Return Preferences, you need to opt into Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA). Then you will be able to upload your own label when a buyer requests a return.

Same answer as above, if you are providing different labels, you need to opt into RMA and upload your own label.

Thanks for selling on eBay

Brian
Join us at eBay Open this September! eBay.com/ebayopen
Message 7 of 41
latest reply

Managed Payments Updates

Thanks Mam! 

Message 8 of 41
latest reply

Managed Payments Updates

Today 9/9  I received a payout for 5 items sold on 9/4, 9/5 and 9/6. The only problem is that 3 other items I sold on 9/4 were not paid. Why?

Message 9 of 41
latest reply

Managed Payments Updates

@bebe-sboy wrote:

Truth PLEASE

@bebe-sboy Ouch...that just felt like a sharp stick in the eye 🙂 Thanks for the feedback and if you have any specific comments about the changes that are negatively impacting you, I will get them to the right team. 

Thanks

Brian

Message 10 of 41
latest reply

Managed Payments Updates

@mam98031 wrote:

@jeeperz-creeperz wrote:

The Automated returns is the same program that has been in effect for ALL sellers except for MP seller until recently.  Automated returns started in the summer of 2018.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-summer/simplified-returns.html

If you have multiple return to addresses set up in your Return Preferences / site preferences and/or the RMA setting set, Ebay has to contact the seller BEFORE they can issue a shipping label.  At that time you can review the claim or issue your own return label if you want.  Ebay can't issue a label to the buyer until you assign your RMA number and/or select the return to address.

I just had a return a couple days ago.  I got a notification that I needed to select the return to address and assign an RMA number.  It went smoothly.  While I didn't do it, I think I could have just refunded the claim instead of requiring a return, but I did not test that out.

I realize you're just trying to help, but I'm looking for official answers from eBay and not just a guess.

Message 11 of 41
latest reply

Managed Payments Updates

Thanks for the reply!

Since I'm already opted in to RMA then nothing will change from the way returns work now is what I'm gathering from your answers.  Is that correct?

Message 12 of 41
latest reply

Managed Payments Updates

Is this program easily visible and where?    Will we see what money was taken in managed payments by the provider and a complete accounting or fees and deposit days and amounts?

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 13 of 41
latest reply

Managed Payments Updates

I guess that answer is no.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 14 of 41
latest reply

Managed Payments Updates

@jeeperz-creeperz wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@jeeperz-creeperz wrote:

I realize you're just trying to help, but I'm looking for official answers from eBay and not just a guess.

Anything I may say on this thread or any other does not prevent Ebay from responding, as you can see Brian did respond.

Message 15 of 41
latest reply