cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insertion Fee Price Change

Earlier this Summer we announced a change to the Zero Insertion Fee allotments that all sellers and store subscribers can enjoy. In this topic of the Seller Update we formalize the price change and provide more detail. 

You can read more about this change here, and leave any questions below so our experts can review. 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Insertion Fee Price Change

Are additional listings for other categories being considered for the future?  

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@wigs_us The pricing team regularly evaluates pricing at the category level, since there are no other changes being announced at this time I don't have any insight into whether other categories are being considered for changes (down or up). 

Thanks for selling on eBay. 

Brian

Join us at eBay Open this September! eBay.com/ebayopen
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

That's unfair, only in a few categories, again no help for most sellers. A  Basic Store got an extra 100 per month yet my premium store got nothing. For years we've been asking for vintage fishing items to be put in collectibles, nothing and 500 auctions wasted each month and now 50,000 fixed price listings in select categories thrown in my face every month

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Are you going to be offering any free listing promotions in addition to the 200 free listing per month? I used to always get those at least a couple times a month but haven't received anything since at least March.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

"We're increasing monthly zero insertion fee listings for most sellers."

Most eBay sellers list in this tiny list of categories?

• Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Sports Trading Cards
  • Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games
  • Collectibles
  • Music
  • Books
  • DVDs & Movies
  • Stamps
  • Video Games & Consoles > Video Games
  • Crafts
  • Home & Garden > Greeting Cards & Party Supply > Party Supplies

I'm curious what percentage of sellers will benefit from additional listings?

For sellers in Home & Garden, you have to list greeting cards and crepe paper to take advantage? If you sell clothing, you're completely out of luck?

MOST sellers (no matter what they sell) don't have 50,000 extra items lying around waiting to list, nor can MOST sellers go out and instantly acquire an additional 50,000 items to list (much less manage the business, store the product, and do the shipping, etc.).

This change has alienated a huge percentage of sellers. Just wondering what eBay's thinking was behind giving some sellers a huge increase of thousands of extra listings and the rest of your sellers zero? Is eBay just looking for more dropshippers?

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

You are charging us a .30 handling fee?? So much for free listings..**bleep**?

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

You are now charging fees on sales tax???  How fair is that?  How we can make any profit with all the added fees and raising postal charges?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@inceptions wrote:

"We're increasing monthly zero insertion fee listings for most sellers."

Most eBay sellers list in this tiny list of categories?

• Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Sports Trading Cards
  • Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games
  • Collectibles
  • Music
  • Books
  • DVDs & Movies
  • Stamps
  • Video Games & Consoles > Video Games
  • Crafts
  • Home & Garden > Greeting Cards & Party Supply > Party Supplies

I'm curious what percentage of sellers will benefit from additional listings?

For sellers in Home & Garden, you have to list greeting cards and crepe paper to take advantage? If you sell clothing, you're completely out of luck?

MOST sellers (no matter what they sell) don't have 50,000 extra items lying around waiting to list, nor can MOST sellers go out and instantly acquire an additional 50,000 items to list (much less manage the business, store the product, and do the shipping, etc.).

This change has alienated a huge percentage of sellers. Just wondering what eBay's thinking was behind giving some sellers a huge increase of thousands of extra listings and the rest of your sellers zero? Is eBay just looking for more dropshippers?

Hi inceptions - 

Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear you felt alienated, that is certainly not our intention, and we are not looking for more dropshippers.  

We carefully evaluated seller feedback to our recent listings promotions and saw an overwhelming positive response in these categories. Our sellers brought relevant inventory that buyers were searching for in these categories. We want to make it easy for sellers to continue to bring the inventory that our buyers are searching.  As always, we’ll continue to monitor the response and make adjustments as we identify new opportunities to improve the monthly listings benefit.

Thanks,

Kristi 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I haven't seen where Ebay has responded to the question on charging fees on sales tax. I did find in the website documentation on selling fees it specifically says NO FEES ON TAXES. Be nice for Ebay to confirm this is change and fix that contradicting statement OR fix the miscalculation in their new and improved financial system. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

a fix $$ for themselves, Hidden away

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

PayPal was charging you FEES on sales tax.

Just saying folks.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@anresasattic wrote:

I haven't seen where Ebay has responded to the question on charging fees on sales tax. I did find in the website documentation on selling fees it specifically says NO FEES ON TAXES. Be nice for Ebay to confirm this is change and fix that contradicting statement OR fix the miscalculation in their new and improved financial system. 

You may just need to read the policy statement in the correct area.

Under fees for "sellers in MP" it clearly states the simplified fees will include a charge on sales tax paid by the buyer in the total amount.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Sharing is Caring....  Thank you!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply