cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving feedback

In my somewhat limited experience - mostly buying at this point - I have noticed how much I rely on seeing another members feedback rating.  What bothers me is that there seems to be a fairly good percentage of members that don't bother to leave feedback.  I think it helps to make eBay what it is.  How about you?  

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Leaving feedback

I think that many folks are too busy to leave feedback unless they have a bad experience.  I leave feedback as a seller for every transaction.  Only about 20% leave feedback in return.  Considering my listings are adult and private listings, I think 20% is pretty good.  🙂  BUT I know that my business grows as my feedback grows.  The more I have the more hits my listings get.  I am a believer in feedback.  I work hard for every one of them too!  If you look at the history of ebay, feedback was a definite foundation for ebay's growth.  Still is, but I think that there are more flaws in how the feedback percentages are calculated.  The large seller has an advantage in a lot of ways on ebay and feedback is one of the big ones.  Thanks for the discussion topic.  I always like to share my 2 cents.  🙂

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Leaving feedback

Thanks for joining in and sharing your experience.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Leaving feedback

All of my negative feedbacks were given by buyers who without a warning hammer me with it. All of them didn't even bother to write me a message and find out why is it that their order hasn't arrived. Given me no chance to correct an issue. Where have these buyers come from? I've been on ebay for 13 years. This is a new phenomenon and is very dangerous. The worst thing ebay did was take away seller's ability to give negative back. I live under fear every day that some crazy unreasonable buyer sends me another feedback because their stuff hasn't arrived by ebay's estimate. Utterly ridiculous.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Leaving feedback

I have a concern that needs to be addressed.

I bid and won an item that had a delivery date. After I paid, the seller then sent me an email outside of eBay to say that the item was not in stock but would take an month extra for delivery.

After the month went by and numerous attempts to contact the buyer I was again sent an email outside of ebay that assured me the next month I would have my item.

Now three months has gone by as well as the ability to provide any feedback on this crook.

In forums outside ebay and even the ripoff.com forums and BBB reports this seller is mentioned numerous times yet seller is still able to sell on ebay and  feedback does not reflect his true character.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Leaving feedback

I have a somewhat related problem.

I bought items from Asia 6 weeks ago and it has not yet arrived. The estimated delivery, worst case is in three days from now.

Asian sellers like to have positive feedback and I try to be honest with them so I wait with feedback until I got working items as described.

Then 60 days is not enough. In case there is a problem with what I have bought or with transport damages and I return it it will take few weeks to reach the seller who needs few days to react. Then there is another 6-7 weeks for the next shipment, so if I`m lucky the second time we are near 13-15 weeks before I know what kind of feedback to give.

Earlier I bought one item that was of poor quality. I sent pictures describing the problem but the seller requested the item back. I sent it and it was lost, or the seller claimed he never got it. The 60 days feedback period expired and I just lost my money and the poor quality item.

The seller knows what problem there is with his items (I sent him good documentation) and he still sells them at the same price today.

My feeling is that few Asian sellers use this 60 day limit to slow down the shipping process so why is there a 60 day limit at all.

A better system would be to say, yes, I did receive the item I paid for but there was a problem with it that we now try to resolve.

Once the item is received and found fully working as described, then the feedback counter could start and then it could be 1-2 weeks.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Leaving feedback

I believe that you have 60 days from the time of the purchase to leave feedback, but remember, you can also leave a follow-up comment on your earlier feedback - so, if you leave a neutral or negative feedback within the 60 days, you can either follow-up to that feedback or even contact the seller & have your negative feedback removed - there is a special procedure for doing this. I don't have very much experience with Chinese sellers. I think that you have to wait 2 days after the estimated delivery date to start a return/refund request case with eBay. If that purchase is labeled as having the buyer protection guarantee, then you could ultimately receive your money from eBay, if you never do receive the item. You can & should call eBay customer service asap & tell them your concerns. They will be able to be more detailed about this particular situation. Best of luck!!
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Leaving feedback

It is a matter of honor.  If they make excuses and don't do the right thing... "too busy" to leave feedback, they're not very honest people at their core.

I always leave feedback for buyers AS SOON AS THEY PAY. They did their part. 

Those sellers, who HOLD feedback from buyers, as leverage, are losers. You can tell them I said so, in fact if they come by my record store, I'll tell them to their face.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Leaving feedback

I've been doing this Ebay bit since Ebay first began and have seen much as far as feedback,I personally don'y pay much attention.

After seeing and excperiencing horrific things here from those who have used/currently use feedback as extortion,I rarely bother.

As Marines we are told that  our superiors had more games than Milton Bradley,I would surmise the same to be true for those desiring to cause harm here as well.

SEMPER FIDELIS

Travis

Message 9 of 9
latest reply