cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave me negative feedback for something THEY DID WRONG? HELP!

All of my negative feedbacks were given by buyers who, without a warning, hammer me with it. All of them didn't even bother to write me a message and find out why is it that their order hasn't arrived. Given me no chance to correct an issue. Where have these buyers come from? I've been on ebay for 13 years. This is a new phenomenon and is very dangerous. The worst thing ebay did was taking away seller's ability to give negative back. I live under fear every day that some crazy unreasonable buyer sends me another feedback because their stuff hasn't arrived by ebay's estimate. Utterly ridiculous.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I totally agree with you. It's difficult for me to understand why sellers are only allowed to leave a buyer positive feedback, without some safeguard put in place for buyers to have to follow a logical procedure, if they want leave a neutral or negative feedback.

Here, I think would be a reasonable solution & not be very complicated to program:

1.)  Prior to being able to post a neutral or negative feedback for a seller,  the buyer is asked if they have contacted the seller -                                                                or even made an effort to contact the seller - with their issue.   A simple click:  Yes or No

2.)  If they click on YES, the system automatically checks for "contact seller" correspondence.  If it exists, then - and only then -                                                                is the buyer permitted to leave a neutral or negative feedback.

3.)  If the buyer clicks on NO, then he is directed to contact the seller.  No contact - No neutral or negative feedback.

Now this may have its own limitations, but I think it would be a step in the right direction.  The impact that a single, neutral or negative feedback carries with it should merit such attention.  The above system just might give the infuriated buyer just enough of a moment of pause, while impressing upon him/her the fact that what they are attempting to do can be a very serious matter, indeed.

Seeking punishment by using a "third party" is nothing new.  But, the particular situation that allows the irate buyer to leave hasty, unwarranted and potentially harmful comments that are - literally - put out there for the entire world to see, is no small matter.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I agree, the worst thing was Ebay's removal of seller's ability to leave negatives for a buyer...some buyers need to be prompted for WEEKS before they pay, and give you a "hard luck" story or two...one guy asked me my address to mail me a check for a 1.99 item..I replied PayPal was the only way I could accept payment (Ebay policy!) He cried about not having PayPal, I suggested he register. He asked repeatedly, even at one point offering to pay $10-what he called his max bid, if only I would give him my address. I finally had enough, and explained it once again and asked that old queation.."what part of NO do you not understand?". Well, naturally I got a negative, and he eventually got PayPal.  My only recourse was to "reply" in the feedback section, but the damage was already done. After several contacts w/ Ebay, email and phone, they did nothing for me as far as removing the neg, even tho I explained to them that I was abiding by THEIR policy and accepting only PayPal! Thankfully negs come off your % profile after a year or so, and you can get back to 100%.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

In the case of an auction item, I have set my preferences to open an unpaid item case after 2 days. In fact, I have really stopped listing my items at auction, just because of this type of thing. All my listings require immediate payment as the payment option for Paypal.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

some people are merely buttheads and aren't honest. they're like that everywhere, not just while they're on epray.

i'm lucky. i run a record store. every now and then one of those losers will walk through the door, and i get the pleasure of telling them to their face what fractions of a man they truly are.

i like making losers squrm. one of my faults, as a human.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply