cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest seller SCAM Feedback time expires when seller delays delivery beyond eBays 60 days

I have a concern that needs to be addressed.

I bid and won an item that had a delivery date. After I paid, the seller then sent me an email outside of eBay to say that the item was not in stock but would take an month extra for delivery.

After the month went by and numerous attempts to contact the buyer I was again sent an email outside of ebay that assured me the next month I would have my item.

Now three months has gone by as well as the ability to provide any feedback on this crook.

In forums outside ebay and even the ripoff com forums and BBB reports this seller is mentioned numerous times yet seller is still able to sell on ebay and  feedback does not reflect his true character.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Latest seller SCAM Feedback time expires when seller delays delivery beyond eBays 60 days

Wow, what a nightmare. Have you put in a challenge to Paypal? Have you reported this to ebay? I'm not sure whether or not you have passed the time that you could challenge it with your credit card company.  In theory, the fact that they contacted you outside of the ebay message system might just put them in violation with ebay policy.  That is, they were attempting to alter the transaction out side of ebay.  As far as the feedback is concerned, you have certainly at least taken the step of letting other members know about this through this group.  Is this member located in the US?  If so, you should definitely contact that state's Attorney General's office (usually the consumers' division).  Although this is not terribly helpful in resolving your case, it puts them on record with that office.  When they have accrued enough complaints, they take action.  I sincerely hope that this transaction did not involve a lot of money.  AL

Message 2 of 2
latest reply