cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Feedback calculated?

I couldn't find this anywhere on the site. 

I have 676 positive feedback.  One issue with one buyer left me a neg and my FB dropped from 100% to 90%.

Can someone tell me how FB is calculated?  I don't understand how, out of 677 transactions, one negative FB can drop me by 10%.

Thanks,

Lisa

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@bet_em 

If you go to your feedback page and click on the little i-in-a-circle next to your 90% number, and you should see this:

"The positive Feedback percentage is calculated based on the total number of positive and negative Feedback ratings for transactions that ended in the last 12 months, excluding repeat Feedback from the same member for purchases done within the same calendar week (eBay time). Note: This could mean that the number of ratings used for this calculation is different from the same number shown in the recent ratings table on the left. Positives / (Positives + Negatives) This member's 12 month Feedback ratings Positives: 9 Negatives: 1 This member's positive Feedback percentage 9 / ( 9 + 1 ) = 90%"

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the information.  It looks like there's some math at the end.  I understand most of what you said.  It just appears to me that 90% positive out of 676 (that was 100% before the neg) should be a higher percentage.  My buying ID is over 2600 with 0 negatives.  How would one negative impact that 100% rating so I can compare and understand how 100% went to 90% due to 1 negative rating.

Lisa

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The feedback percentage is only based on feedback received in the last year. In the last year you received eight positives and one negative (for a total of nine), so your percentage of positive feedback would be 8/9 = 88.9%.

If you do not receive any more negatives, once your current negative is a year old, your feedback percentage will go back up to 100%.

Until then, getting more positive feedback will help to raise your percentage as well.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Gotcha!  Thanks 🙂

Lisa

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You are most welcome!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply