Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help ebay railroaded me

danbar28

danbar28
Adventurer
I had a listing removed: 332621047557 - NEW PRADA Black /Grey Saffiano calf Mens Bifold money clip credit card WalletI,
I am a known Seller and Buyer.
There was no violation. The item is authentic. There are Many other Prada wallets selling on ebay without authenticity cards.
Prada did not remove my item, which is what I was originally told. Prada was contacted.
I am insulted and feel profiled. I spoke with a representative which was a very frustrating call both due to content and 
the fact his headset was not working. He called me back about 4 times because of connection however we did not communicate. He told me I had to have an authenticity card to list. Why? The wallet itself is authentic and listed without card. AGAIN many other Prada wallets and other items listed without authenticity cards. Why am I profiled?
My item should be listed as I had Buyers already willing to purchase, aware I did not have the authenticity card. This is a new wallet and NEW merchandise. I have been unable to find an answer. I question this entire event, wish to list my item plus feel very damaged myself from this situation. I do not believe that ebay acted in a professional manner toward me or my item. Maybe social media would help find an answer? PLEASE HELP.IMG_0787 2.jpgIMG_0770.jpgIMG_0781.jpgIMG_0779.jpgIMG_0777.jpgIMG_0785.jpg
Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

No, sorry, you were not "railroaded" by anyone. From the photos you've posted here it was apparently reported & legitimately removed because it's a counterfeit.

I think you misunderstood whatever you were told by a CS rep re "authenticity card",  it seems more likely you were advised of the need to have your item authenticated.

Compare the logo, inside construction & Made In Italy stamping on a real  Prada Saffiano Striped Corner Logo Wallet as currently shown at Neiman Marcus:

Prada-saffiano-wallet-NM.jpg

Prada-saffiano-wallet-inside-NM.jpg

When you are not expert in a particular brand of item you acquire, it is your obligation & duty to verify that your item is authentic before listing. 

Per eBay's rules for sellers: Authenticity disclaimer policy:

"If you can't verify an item is authentic, it can't be listed on eBay."

+
Replicas, counterfeit items, and unauthorized copies policy:
"NOT ALLOWED:
Counterfeits, fakes, or replicas of brand name items (for example, a purse bearing the Chanel name or logo that wasn't made by Chanel)"

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 2 of 48
latest reply

And just to illustrate the differences more clearly, I've placed the real wallet photo details side-by-side with yours, i.e. Prada wallet (at Neiman Marcus) left — your item on the right:

Prada-Saffiano-wallet-Real-vs-Fake1.jpg

Prada-Saffiano-wallet-stamp-Real-vs-Fake.jpg

Left: PRADA MADE IN ITALY  ———— Right: "PRADA MILANO"

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 3 of 48
latest reply

Take that wallet back to wherever you purchased it and demand a refund.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 48
latest reply

I don't think @danbar28 has seen this thread yet (moved here by a mod at *river's suggestion yesterday, 17th).  

Message 5 of 48
latest reply

Howdy. The wallet is real. Been in contact with Prada directly. Very professional, also have link with advertisement of it. eBay just doesn’t care if I do not have the authenticity card altho eBay other auctions offering prada without it.Messed up and wrong.i was told do not sell it on eBay unless I send physical item to them to verify. That’s a no option. Lost in mail or replaced, etc and my expense. They need better methods to resolve issues. Yes, verify but with reasonable solutions. Sad situation. Would not accept professional photos submit

Message 6 of 48
latest reply

@danbar28 wrote:

Howdy. The wallet is real. Been in contact with Prada directly. Very professional, also have link with advertisement of it. eBay just doesn’t care if I do not have the authenticity card altho eBay other auctions offering prada without it.Messed up and wrong.i was told do not sell it on eBay unless I send physical item to them to verify. That’s a no option. Lost in mail or replaced, etc and my expense. They need better methods to resolve issues. Yes, verify but with reasonable solutions. Sad situation. Would not accept professional photos submit

1. I don't believe Prada authenticated that wallet. There's no way for them to authenticate by phone without seeing the item.  You may have described it to them and they may have said that they make a similar style.
  2. Existence (or lack) of an authenticity card has NOTHING to do with authenticity. It's the details of the item and the details of your wallet = fake
  3. If you feel like throwing good money after bad, you're welcome to pay a professional authentication service for documentation. Unfortunately, you won't get what you're looking for though. (Ebay doesn't do the authentication; that's why you have to hire a pro.) 
  4. If a professional deems an item as authentic, you can submit it to ebay and appeal the takedown, but your document would have to state authenticity. If the document states that the item is fake, you can't resell ANYWHERE. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 48
latest reply

@danbar28

Alberta posted her reply as I was writing mine, and although she's already covered most of what I was going to say (GMTA), I'll add mine anyway as a kind of 'in other words' reiteration:

Sorry, but repeated denials cannot change the fact that your item is not "real" but a self-evident counterfeit that everyone here can clearly see.

FYI, "authenticity cards" and even "receipts" mean nothing as those are also faked by counterfeiters & provided with their replicas (as are all the accompanying packaging, boxes etc.).

I suggest you look closely at the real wallet model example shown: the clarity & precision of the logo, construction & origin stamps are always perfect & perfectly consistent (regardless of colorway).

FACT: Neither Prada nor any other luxury brand's customer service will ever authenticate or endorse an item not purchased directly from one of their official stores, websites or authorized retailers. Period. 

Of course they will give you a link to their own products on one of their official sites or authorized retailers (e.g. Neiman Marcus) as the only places you can be guaranteed to find and purchase an authentic Prada product.

If your item were "real" you could have obtained the proof  & been able to provide documentation from a professional authenticator recognized by eBay. You seem to have no interest in doing so.

N.B. You cannot legally sell your fake wallet on eBay or anywhere else. Trademark infringing counterfeits are illegal. Whether or not you can get a refund from wherever you bought it, it still needs to be destroyed.  

So don't try to sell it, nor donate it, for someone else to be fooled into thinking it's real.

Message 8 of 48
latest reply

Howdy. Prada can authenticate if you know the buyer depending on where an item was purchased. They fortunately keep records. That can be done over the phone. Sometimes you know the origins of a gift. 

Also now have advertisement featuring wallet style. Turns out the wallets is new but older item. We were re-gifted I would think. Wallet originally made around 2014-2015. Wallet is real deal from its stitching to its ”a”. 

I don’t know why you so bent on saying it’s a fake. Perhaps my photos are not very flattering but it has since been under a magnifier light and it is real Prada item but older model. Surprised me. 

Message 9 of 48
latest reply

Hello, only bothering out of politeness. Prada is vey profesional and helpful. Yes they can look up such information and do. A receipt is available if items purchased at their locations. We do not wish to reveal that information to the general public. We value privacy over the sale of an unused gift. It’s a thing that someone may have enjoyed. It is real deal and yes nasty world out there but also good in some hearts. This experience revealed a lot to me. I truly appreciate the help offered to follow the prada path by those and the humor in the fury of those to condemn. You all enjoy and pursue in good health. Thank you. 

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

There’s no proof that the receipt Prada confirmed even goes with this wallet. There’s no way they can authenticate a specific item over the phone. Zero credibility.

Message 11 of 48
latest reply

@danbar28 wrote:

Howdy. Prada can authenticate if you know the buyer depending on where an item was purchased. They fortunately keep records. That can be done over the phone. Sometimes you know the origins of a gift. 

Also now have advertisement featuring wallet style. Turns out the wallets is new but older item. We were re-gifted I would think. Wallet originally made around 2014-2015. Wallet is real deal from its stitching to its ”a”. 

I don’t know why you so bent on saying it’s a fake. Perhaps my photos are not very flattering but it has since been under a magnifier light and it is real Prada item but older model. Surprised me. 

It should be easy for you to prove it then, shouldn't it, huh?

You must surely be aware by now that the burden of proof is on you, the one claiming "authenticity", not on those who dispute it.

And Prada's record keeping re purchased items, locations etc. has absolutely nothing to do with whether the item you had listed & posted here is authentic or not. (That's why receipts are not accepted as proof by eBay; anyone can mix-&-match)

So, why haven't you posted the alleged statement/"authentication" you claim you received from Prada, or the "advertisement" you claim to "now have" that supposedly shows the same item as yours — with a grossly malformed "logo", no Country of Origin (Made In) stamp &  crude stitching?

As the saying goes "put up or shut up". 

Oh, but since you just added this last bit of deflective baloney, you've really overplayed it:

@danbar28 :

"Yes they can look up such information and do. A receipt is available if items purchased at their locations. We do not wish to reveal that information to the general public. We value privacy over the sale of an unused gift. "

Obviously, no one's "privacy" was ever compromised by the legal purchase of genuine goods from a legitimate retailer.  So, you just demonstrated that you know your item's fake by refusing to follow any of the normal procedures suggested by the experts here to prove your claims.

Q E D

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

Sorry if this situation annoys you. Just done engaging. The item was authenticated. There was a professional and polite interchange and that combination with provided infomation was able to confirm the authenticity. You seem to have a personal vendetta attached to this item. Please be happy, good Karma

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

Not true
Message 14 of 48
latest reply

Please note item photo above is NOT THE WALLET in question
Message 15 of 48
latest reply