thx ahead

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

please authenticate tory burch shoes

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Look fine to me and the Saks box could be any number of reasons. The most likely is that they were bought as a closeout for the Off Fifth outlets in bulk and shipping w/o the box would bring the cost way down on a large bulk purchase. Another scenario could be that it was a catelogue sample (size would be appropriate) that was shipped w/o a box and then put into inventory. No way to know.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Hi are they real?
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

In her reply to you jsales0 was saying the shoes look fine to her, as in no red flags to indicate they are not authentic. FYI  jsales0 is very knowledgeable about high end brands.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Another scenario could be that it was a catelogue sample (size would be appropriate) that was shipped w/o a box and then put into inventory. No way to know.
Please explain what this means.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Bottom line is that there is no way to know why they’re in a Saks box and it’s not uncommon and doesn’t matter.

When a shoe is bought in large quantities for a catalogue they can either be pictured alone or on a model. If to be pictured on a model, the factories normal sample size of usually between 6-7 isn’t going to fit most models who are tall and usually wear at least a 9. Usually those shoes are just sent in a general box as they’re not in production yet. I suppose a photography sample could get thrown back in inventory but that would be rare and would more likely be a 9 or a 10.

Again, forget it. Just sell them without the box.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I can't speak for the shoes or box in question but wanted to make a comment.

I shop at discounters (Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls, Off-Fifth, etc.) and those stores can have shoes with correct boxes, without boxes at all or with a random box. Many of the stores will ask customers whether they want the box (when purchasing) and if the customer doesn't want or need the box, those stores just save the boxes in the stockroom to use as needed for display or to give to customers who may have found a pair of shoes sans box.

Keep in mind that it's not a box that proves authenticity; it's the details of the shoes themselves. And in fact, I've seen listings for fake shoes that were in genuine boxes, possibly as the seller's way to try to fool unknowing buyers. And the opposite, genuine shoes have been seen in fake boxes.

If I sell a pair of shoes for which I don't have a box, I usually try to find a shoe box in which to safely ship the shoes. Just because my box might be a Keds box doesn't mean anything with regard to the CL shoes that might be in it.

Personally, I'm a bit surprised on the amount of attention you're giving to the box when the shoes were deemed as authentic.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

And I want to clarify that I just cannot imagine how a counterfeiter could possibly make a shoe as cleanly wrapped and stitched as the one readable picture shows us.  Even the bow looks perfectly even. The other photos are pretty useless. But that one is pretty good. The shoe didn’t retail well-they’re pretty much all over the internet at a price cute as they are. Really cute girlie summer shoe for those that can walk in that pitch-in my next life lol.

As cute as they are, IMO this is not a volume driven pattern that would drive a counterfeiter (and I could be wrong-I didn’t look). To make them this clean they’re still going to be expensive. Couple that with that weird Saks box? Who’s gonna counterfeit a shoe and put it in a totally and obviously incorrect box? I can’t come up with a scenario for that one but maybe someone else can.  How can they not be genuine? They’re just too odd IMO not to be anything other than genuine,

All the above is just my opinion. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply