cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you spot fake miss me jeans

I work at Buckle, which sells Miss Me Jeans. How you tell if they are fake:

MISS ME DENIM

1. Has a leather band on the back with an M that is attached to the jeans with rivets. This can be black, white, silver, gold, or multi colored

2. Inside the jean it will have the name Miss Me sown in it with the size and fit (ie signature boot, ankle skinny, midrise curvy boot, etc)

3. A care tag will be inside the jean with the item number.

A lot of people are misinformed and think if the product says made in China they are fake. This is not true!!! Next to the size it should say designed in USA made in China

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Miss Me is faked?
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Another thing I've noticed on fakes is on the inside tag where it has the wash and inseam, there is an extra "M" so it reads "MMiss Me" with the first "M" larger than the other. All I wear is Miss Me's from the Buckle and that was the first thing I noticed on these so called "Authentic" jeans I purchased from a shop on Ebay.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:
Miss Me is faked?

Bazillions of brands are faked - even toothpaste and razor blades are faked.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

It is actually real, contact Miss Me. Please before you respond do your research. It was one of there very first designs. There is no such thing as fake Miss Me Jeans Ladies sorry to be the bear of the bad news. Please do your research before writing a blog and for the person that works at Buckle ask your manager if they have honestly ever personally seen a fake pair of Miss Me Jeans. 

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

No such thing as a FAKE pair of Miss Me jeans!
Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Or made in Vietnam. Please before you post stuff like this do your research.
Message 7 of 28
latest reply

I have been selling designer denim for about 8 years now and have never, ever seen fake Miss Me. There are legal knock-offs like "Miss Chic". I am not saying that fakes are not possible, but I have never seen them.

Making hard and fast rules like; "1. Has a leather band on the back with an M that is attached to the jeans with rivets. This can be black, white, silver, gold, or multi colored", is not helpful because there are always exceptions. Not every pair has a leather patch.

Uninformed buyers who do their own "authentications" , based on something that someone just as uninformed wrote on the internet, are a huge headache for us sellers.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

OP, I know that you are trying to be helpful and I do not mean to come across as unkind or harsh.

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

Old miss me is prob what they are seeing and thinking they are fake. I'm sure things have changed since the first made pair. I know the old ones didn't have a square or what ever u call it .. On the top edges of the pockets. They added that I assume bc everyone got holes there. I have bought them since I can remember!! NEVER SEEN FAKE ONES. FAKE EVERYTHING ELSE. But somehow never miss me jeans.
Message 10 of 28
latest reply

I see designed in Usa made in China! Designed is one thing, but made is the other. China makes them Usa designed them! Many think just because it's says that god usa they are made here😳Is why it says made in China!
Message 11 of 28
latest reply

does the tag ever say made in vietnam? Thankyou

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

I bought a pair from the buckle about 5 to 7 years ago that look as you've described, so they can in fact be authentic and look like this.  I think there was a time that the tag design changed because my old pair has the larger M before the "miss me" and the style number,  but also no inseam # is stated. Pretty strange,  but I rarely buy them so I do remember I got them at the buckle 🙂 

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

So miss me jeans actually DO have different styles of logo/patch on the belt line in the back? I've noticed some are just plain logos and some are square leather patches. 

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

You must sell the "FAKES" huh!?! 😥😊

Message 15 of 28
latest reply