cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you know if this Prada jacket counterfeit or authentic?

Hi all. I listed a Prada jacket recently at a very cheap price as I bought it fro a thrift store. I decided the style wasn't for me so listed it on eBay. A lot of people enquired about it and watched it but I received one message saying the jacket was a fake. I am not a dishonest person, so I ended the auction immediately. But I still am not sure, with the exception of one persons message whether or not it is a fake. I will not resell if it is. Can anyone confirm the authenticity of the jacket from the photos attached? Many thanks in advance. 🙂 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Those old red stripe Prada jackets were highly faked. The stitching on yours is really bad and the zipper pull looks off to me but I’m not 100%. The jacket definitely existed but I thought those were goretex.

Please don’t relist it until you get a professional authentication on it for $7.50 If you go that route you’ll definitely need better pictures. Logos and details must be sharp and clear. Always review your pics prior to posting and you’ll easily see which ones need to be reshot,

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yeah this one has a gortex logo also inside of the jacket. The person who suggested it was fake, went specifically off the stitching of the labels

IMG_20200916_071819_resized_20200918_050758869.jpg

IMG_20200916_071654_resized_20200918_050759529.jpg

. I would rather dispose of the jacket than sell it on if I realise for sure it is counterfeit. Thank you kindly for taking the time to respond to my query. Have a great weekend.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Confused. Does YOURS have the goretex label or is that another one?

Before you put $7.50 into it, do a water test. It’s goretex and must be totally waterproof and seam sealed. Throw the sleeve into a sink and run cold water on it and see if it penetrates or not. If it soaks through, IMO you have a fake. Be careful that you don’t get the water INSIDE the sleeve. If it holds, IMO it’s genuine. No counterfeit is using genuine goretex. 

If so, you definitely need to use a professional service and let us know if you don’t know one. It will only cost $7.50 and that jacket will bring enough to justify the cost. The stitching is so messed up that IMO you need a professional authentication to protect yourself. 

It would honestly surprise me that a counterfeit would have the goretex label but the bottom line is to find out if it’s waterproof which it must be. 

Post back.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Yeah this one has a gortex logo also inside of the jacket. The person who suggested it was fake, went specifically off the stitching of the labels. I would rather dispose of the jacket than sell it on if I realise for sure it is counterfeit. Thank you kindly for taking the time to respond to my query. Have a great weekend.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Use an authenticator for $7.50

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

100% fake

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Please do not bump old threads. It spams up the board. Look for current questions you can answer.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply