cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where have the fashion ebayer's gone? Miss reading the post!

Hello, I use to read post from a group of sellers, the name Beth comes to mind as the leader of the board. I enjoyed reading and learned so much but cannot find a group of clothing sellers who post about their life and what they are selling daily.

Does anyone know where they are?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I think you're thinking of Beth's Kept Secret and her ID is bsbk13 . She does post here occasionally but there are a couple of other off-ebay forums where a lot of the former CAB boardies post. They are part of a "virtual sellers club." 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Hi there, Hatbox......I'm Beth and yes, there was a VERY long-running thread here called Gotta Make Money Support Group.  It was running for years before I took it over and heck, I can't even remember how long I kept it going 😄

But eventually it got to where I felt like I was talking to myself, with only the occasional other commentary, so I let it close down.   I still post here, though, as Alberta pointed out.    I still have a lot to learn from others here and find this is still a good source for product information.

Thanks for the kind words---and for missing me, LOL!  Beth    

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

::waves at Beth:: come visit us!!

eBay and Jeff Terrell destroyed these forums and they're just a shadow now. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

I was thinking the other day about these wonderful group of women. It was like a little family. I miss you ladies.One of the reasons i stopped posting was because a moderator accused me of selling items on the board when the prices i posted were what i paid for the items. I wish things could back to the way they were, but i am in school and started working with the Federal government. I only get one day a week off and i have to use that day to take care of myself (beautician and manicurist), so i go in the thrift stores, but it is only for a few minutes. I now video record my interactions with the crazy couple at the fleamarket because they have gotten crazier, but that is another story. His wife sold me a 14k malacite brooch in a seashell design for a couple of dollars about a month ago. Also, my mom is sick so i am struggling to function. Two fb groups blocked me for talking about my father's lakefront property on Kerr Lake. He has over four acres. Realtors contact him all the time to sell it. Most people refuse to sell their land and when they they sell less than half an acre for about $350,000, when daddy has four. Jealous. His family has 100 acres of heirs property, again lakefront, they let a man rent it from them and he pays the taxes. I think these television shows make people want to live on a lake or beach. I remember a lady use to brag to me her daughter lived 10 minutes from myrtle beach, sc. Lol. Talk to me when you post a picture of the beach at your back door. Lol. The last two times i have gotten my score report it has been a solid 160; i need 168, i remember when i was at 142. My supervisor says she likes my work ethic and hopes i never pass my test ( she said she knows that is mean), but i am good employee. My bf is doing well, i am proud of him. Went sunday and got a costco card because i know i cant buy a used mattress.
Always place a HAPPY price on your items. You never know, one of your buyers may be HAPPY to buy it from you.
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

My father's land is marked with a 1

Always place a HAPPY price on your items. You never know, one of your buyers may be HAPPY to buy it from you.
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

https://vance.connectgis.com/MobileMap.aspx

My great grandmother property.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Hi, Chap!!  

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Hi TooGood! That makes me laugh that you videotape your flea market adventures 😄 Sounds like your life's all good, and I see what your friend means about hoping you never pass the test....but I hope you will someday. Hugs to your mom and bf and keep a big one for yourself.

Nice piece of property for sure!!

Thanks for catching me up.....Beth 🙂

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Thank you, Bsbk. I will be sure to tell my father. It is pronounced "car" although it is spelled Kerr. It borders Nc and VA. My father bought it before we were born or he married mommy from a relative. He has had it surveyed and sold trees off it, too. I remember telling a lady my father had land when i use to go to Saks Company store in Aberdeen, md, she nodded, but i don't think she believed me because it is hard to get property in that area let alone several acres or they say the property is lakefront and dont really be near the lake. Lol. People whom dont have property in that area will camp, but father is like in a cove away from campgrounds, so it is not as noisy. Some people rent houses in that county for about $1500 a week. If you ever looking for catfish, pay the lake a visit.

Yes, i had to get a daytime job. I miss my thrifting sources and you ladies, but my bank account feels so much better. Lol.

Hugs back to you.

I do wish the thread was still around, but i wish a lot of things never changed, either.

How are the other ladies doing?

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

There is a lady in that fb group says how she feels blessed to live in a trailer park near that lake. I guess it is perspective. Greatful he is not near the campgrounds or trailer parks.
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Hi toogood.....everyone that I've talked to seems to be doing fine!  And hey, you know that I have a "real" job in addition to eBaying, so it's all good.  B

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Hi Beth! 

Miss you ladies!

Glad to hear you are doing well. I have recovered almost completely from my cancer surgery and am feeling fine. Turned 65 last week and celebrated by going thrifting... About a month ago I found a dollar bill on the ground when walking into a GW. Bought a special edition Build a Bear wearwolf and put it up for auction, Cleared $11 after fees.  Went back to the same GW and found a specialty cord for a Nintendo gameboy. It's only sold in Japan. Paid $11 and sold for $175.  Took my Mom to physical therapy and went to a nearby GW while I waited. While I was there they brought out a Meade 125mm computer controlled telescope. With my discount it was exactly what I cleared from the Nintendo cord sale. I've wanted one for 10 years, but they cost $650 or more. So I bought that for myself for my birthday. 

Chico (my dog) is as spoiled as ever. His middle name is Awantsum. Stares at me when I eat, wakes up in the middle of the night when I open the fridge. My sister in California sent him a medal for Christmas. It says "I RESCUED A HUMAN".  And he makes me laugh every day.

I miss your stories about the Mish, and the beach. I think Chico and I need a beach weekend.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

you'll just have to look harder friend

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Hey, hi Accurate!  Love those GW stories, so FUN! Congrats on finally getting that telescope.

All good here, the mish are fine and we see them most every day.  Still chipping away at eBay and working full time, but I'm close to your age and retirement's not too far down the road for me, probably a couple of years.  

Thanks for touching base, love it!  Beth 🙂

Message 15 of 20
latest reply