cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage board? Pics embedded in listing description? Thrill Seeker?

Hello, folks - I'm thinking of getting back into selling since I seem to have kept my hoard, I mean carefully packed vintage merchandise...

A few questions:

1. Does a Vintage Board still exist?

2. It appears that listing descriptions are much simplified these days? No embedded pics, no waxing poetic, just the facts ma'am?

3. And why the heck does it say "Thrill Seeker" under my name?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Just responding to Number 3 -

Dont take it personally. Its just Lithiums / Ebays attempt to be clever and "relevant". I guess quirky nicknames are supposed to make us feel welcome and appreciated.

(Keeping my thoughts on the subject to myself...)

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I'll address #2:

Listings now need to be "Mobile Friendly" as Ebay calls it.

Many sellers dumped embedded pics when PhotoBucket decided to hold users hostage for embedding pics in listings. The new fee to do this is $400 a year.

Not bowing to their ransom demands not only saves money but lots of time IMO.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Yes, listing looks enormously easier - that was a pleasant surprise but I wanted to make sure I wasn’t misreading things.

Ugh on the goofy monikers after everyone’s names!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@this*old*attic,

Re #!: The categories have now been reduced to more general headings, so "vintage" questions have to go wherever they'll fit into the current ones, e.g. "Collectibles & Art", "Fashion" or "Toys & Hobbies". There are "groups" too, but with limited use & seldom noticed.

Also, since "Health & Beauty" has gone, no one seems to realize they should always ask about perfumes in "Fashion", especially as fragrances are an itegral part and product of fashion & fashion designers.

That's really unfortunate, given that 1,000s of counterfeit perfumes, vintage & new, are listed & sold on eBay every day!

@fashionclubgurl,

Re #3: Yeah, seems more "relevant" to teens & manipulative social engineering projects like Fakebook to me (I shall also refrain from further comment...)

Except...

"Badges, we ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

P.S. Typo correction: *integral

(Dang it! I keep forgetting these boards block my browser's auto-spellchecker)

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@a*river*runs*through*it,

Yep, buried under "Groups" as a sub category; not on the main drop downs (that's what I meant re limited use & seldom noticed). I still say perfumes are, and belong in, Fashion slight_smile

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I will address #1:  do you mean like the VCA?  If so, there is on, but I can't remember how to get to it.  I think it is under "Groups" and it is as dead as a doornail.  

Let me see if I can remember how . . . BRB

Never mind, I see you found it 🙂  

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

You’re not kidding it’s silent over there...

A number of years ago a well-meaning boardie started and hosted his own vintage board after some EBay kerfuffle or other (I forget what it was) and the bulk of the boarders (and their knowledge) shuffled off.

I visited a few times, it really was like the old board, but I got busy with a full time job and stopped selling. I suppose it’s still there.

Now I’d just rather track down or share knowledge on site.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply