cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage Chanel Jacket Authentication

Hi, I recently picked up this Chanel trench and was hoping that someone could help authenticate. 

Since this item is preloved, there are a few missing buttons and no tags other than the Chanel Boutique.

There is nothing behind the buttons in relation to trademarks or logos. 

The tag behind the label is from the thrift store I purchased it at. 

Please let me know if there are any additional photos I can provide. 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Seriously, no Chanel coat is sized medium...

Agree that thrifts sell both authentic and counterfeit.

Sorry OP.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Everything at thrift shop is fake just saying

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Not helpful or true.
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Not a Chanel expert or even close but the piece should be sized Euro. 

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

@prabjodeo0 wrote:

Everything at thrift shop is fake just saying

That's one of the most inaccurate statements posted on these boards in a long time! 

Sure, there are fakes but there are also a lot of great treasures one can find if they know what they're doing.

ETA: This is not intended to imply that the OP's coat is authentic. It's just meant to correct the erroneous post made by @prabjodeo0

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Seriously, no Chanel coat is sized medium...

Agree that thrifts sell both authentic and counterfeit.

Sorry OP.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

YES IT IS AUTHENTIC IT IS AN 1990'S OLD STOCK TRENCH COAT

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

AND YES CHANEL DO COME IN SIZE S M L .... usually when Chanel is made in Italy...

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@1458***mary

Please don't post misinformation.
albertabrightalberta

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Ahh! Now I see why you're insisting that it's genuine! *wink*
albertabrightalberta

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

???

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

@1458***mary wrote:

AND YES CHANEL DO COME IN SIZE S M L .... usually when Chanel is made in Italy...

NO they do NOT! Only a bogan with no clue about how to tell the difference between cheap fakes and genuine luxury designer fashion goods would make such a claim.   

@blondewithglasses,

I agree with @jsales0. Not only by the generic sizing; the label font & CCs are off; the lining is garbage & "nothing behind the buttons in relation to trademarks or logos"  is proof.  All Chanel buttons are marked accordingly on the back.

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

I should add that fake Chanel buttons can also be marked on the back (deception is the fakers' aim, after all) but details tend to reveal the inevitable errors/omissions & quality deficit.

The same applies to the better replica Chanel clothing that can often include correct European sizing on labels yet still not get the rest right (e.g. wrong fonts, typeset/format, missing info, poor fabrication etc.).

There is a listing for just such a replica (amongst several more obvious fakes from the same seller) of a Chanel camel stripe cardigan (from the 2015 Spring/Summer Boulevard Collection). Button spacing & quality don't match the original either.

Ref photos of  original in the fashion show on Vogue.com: https://assets.vogue.com/photos/55c651c908298d8be227f787/master/pass/CHA_0444.jpg
Detail: https://assets.vogue.com/photos/55c651c908298d8be227f7dc/master/pass/_A2X1196.jpg

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

I did not understand that ridiculous post until I was messaged to check out the bumper. Enough said. 

There are are times when an old thread gets bumped for a legit reason but this wasn’t one of them. 

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@jsales0 wrote:

I did not understand that ridiculous post until I was messaged to check out the bumper. Enough said. 

There are are times when an old thread gets bumped for a legit reason but this wasn’t one of them. 

Ooh, I totally missed the original date on this thread! Smiley LOL Well, I guess it just became educationally relevant again, eh? 

Message 15 of 22
latest reply