cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tory Burch Cross Body Bag Authentic?

I am not familiar with the Tory Burch bags so unsure if authentic.No tags inside,but name on strap buckle.Pebble leather exterior-tag is from thrift shIMG_7353.JPGIMG_7354.JPGIMG_7355.JPGIMG_7356.JPGIMG_7357.JPGIMG_7358.JPGop so keeping it on in case it is fake.TIA

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I appreciate both of you taking the time to comment.The thrift shop has a time limit for exchanges so had just a few days to decide.Just wasn't confident about listing it.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Without being expert in Tory Burch bags, the construction quality of even mid-range designer bags should be unmistakable. I'm not seeing it there.

If that bag is supposed to be anything like the Tory Burch "Mini Parker Leather Crossbody Bag" (Sold Out) at Nordstroms, I don't think it even comes close. 

When you zoom the detailed pics & note the shape, quality construction of the dual compartments, lining, straps & zipper pulls — I believe you'll have your answer.

Tory Burch Mini Parker Leather CrossbodyTory Burch Mini Parker Leather Crossbody

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@mochacatsvintageshop,

Did you get your money back from that thrift shop? I would have thought showing them the Nordstrom page of the original it was presumably trying to replicate should've been proof enough.

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@mochacatsvintageshop

I think it's authentic and it is a Robinson Mini Foldover Crossbody that is missing it's large detachable tassel.

Search on ebay, you will see many of them.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I agree with "A River Runs Through It" that it was authentic.I did return to the thrift shop and got my money back.I did not want to sell it on eBay since the tassel was missing.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@mochacatsvintageshop wrote:

I agree with "A River Runs Through It" that it was authentic.I did return to the thrift shop and got my money back.I did not want to sell it on eBay since the tassel was missing.

That's too bad. One w/o the tassel sold for $75.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@mochacatsvintageshop wrote:

My apologies, I only offered my observations as no one else apparently felt expert enough in Tory Burch either to reply at the time.

I wasn't aware Tory Burch made lower-end, unstructured variations of their bags (the one posted seems to have lost its shape). I've only seen similar on replica sites, unfortunately.

However, apparently not all real Robinson mini foldovers came with a detachable tassel.

e.g. the one shown in 4 pics at Bloomingdale's ("currently unavailable") has no tassel either.

ToryBurch-Robinson-mini-foldover-crossbody-bag.jpg

BTW, eBay searches on highly replicated brands' products can be rather problematic, to say the least.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I appreciate both of you taking the time to comment.The thrift shop has a time limit for exchanges so had just a few days to decide.Just wasn't confident about listing it.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply