cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Sales in June 2018

Sales are more slow this year especially in June 2018. Is that normal or is it because ebay is using a different algorithm?

Message 1 of 58
latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Slow Sales in June 2018

Every time there is a major change my sales are no existant.

Message 2 of 58
latest reply

Slow Sales in June 2018

Also my sales are slow for the last 10 days... What's happen?

Message 3 of 58
latest reply

Slow Sales in June 2018

Same here.  Sales are practically non-existent sans one dress which was bought by someone from Hungary.

Gone are my happy days when out of 10 items listed,  I get at least 6 sales and some even on a bidding war.  For now,  I'm just too happy with the sole bidder.

No idea on what's happening.  I'm just presuming that people are now holding on tighter to their money than before.

Message 4 of 58
latest reply

Slow Sales in June 2018

Not only are sales slow but there is almost no traffic. 

Message 5 of 58
latest reply

Slow Sales in June 2018

Since June 6th I have had 4 sales I have never had this happen to me.  Good thing I have a full time job.  I called EBAY and I told them everytime they have an update my sales stop they said that is not the case.  of course they would say that.  They checked my store and listings and said they are showing up in the search.  I have no views or watches.  In fact I have watches with no views and EBAY says that is not a problem really.  Does not make sense.

Message 6 of 58
latest reply

Slow Sales in June 2018

My sales are so-so but could be much better. As a part-time seller I don't have a store. I only do the free 50 listings per month thing. I find that strategically tinkering with a revolving inventory of items for which have a good likelihood of selling works. eBay used to give me an extra 100-200 free listings a month but that has stopped. When they did this I had more sales because "something" out of my "unpopular items" category would sell. I never pay listing fees because it's a waste of money. eBay used to have more bidders and buyers for my used vintage items but the "rate of return" is now on par with direct mail advertising (about 1-2%). In the old days I gladly paid the .20 cent per item listing fees but that was before eBay drove away our customers. Our national economy is booming and I don't see any reason why eBay sellers can't earn a little money unless eBay fails us.       

Message 7 of 58
latest reply

Slow Sales in June 2018

I am a parttime seller too. I took down most of my inventory except for two items since I am fed up with ebay and their lousy seller hub features which hardly ever work and potential customers who like to watch instead of buy.  I am also checking out other seller platforms. I would advise anyway on ebay to not quit their day job anytime soon lol. I've also noticed when I've added new listings to my exising inventory, the new items get more views or purchased as opposed to the older items.  

Message 8 of 58
latest reply

Slow Sales in June 2018

Yes,the watchers drive me nuts.Love it when I have had 35-40 watchers,no one buys and has to be relisted 😞 I agree that when I list new items,they often get views or a sale.Meanwhile the older items get little/no views.Summers always appear to be slow,however,it depends on what you are selling.My sales this June are surpassing a year ago this time.I've changed my mix of merchandise and keep 75/80 items listed which has helped.

Message 9 of 58
latest reply

Slow Sales in June 2018

As usual, my sales are up and down like a looping roller coaster ride.  This has been the case ever since the full rollout of the exceptionally complicated search algorithm that came out a few years ago. 

Previous to that, I had finally learned what labels sold best and that I was able to source at a reasonable cost and my sales were consistently rising with each year/month. 

Now, I know that prospective buyers are no longer able to see every item I have available that meets a generic search criteria most buyers would use.  I know this because ebay acknowledges that they do not show all items that used to show up in generic searches (when I say generic search I mean if I put RED KATE SPADE DRESS into search then every single red Kate Spade dress that was available would have come up in the search results), and because as a seller who also is a buyer I have a VERY frustrating time finding the same variety of items I used to be able to find when running generic searches for my favorite labels.  With MORE sellers and MORE items available, in total, within the clothing category, there is no way there should be LESS items for me to choose from and yet there are.  Not to mention that all sorts of items pop up into the search that are NOT what I am looking for and certainly not what I searched for. 

Still making a profit, but ebay is not making it easy and some days it feels like it is all just the luck of the draw as to whether I will have a good day for sales or a bad day with zero sales.  I definitely prefer the days when it felt like my knowledge of consistently good selling labels, my presentation of said items, my ability to source at reasonable prices and my customer service were the primary measure by which I could expect to find ever increasing success here on ebay. 

Message 10 of 58
latest reply

Slow Sales in June 2018

I'm not sure why overall sales are down in June. My sales are up over 50% over last month and way up over last year. We sell antiques and collectibles with a small amount of vintage clothes and jewelry so maybe those items aren't hit like modern clothes and fashion. We've been eBayers since 1997 and it is our full time business. 

We've built a network of sources such as estate sales and auctions as well as thrift stores and garage sales that have allowed us to more than double our sales over last year.  And we just moved to the Charlotte area 1 year ago from the Ft Lauderdale area. 

I always search closed sales or Worthpoint to see how the items I'm searching are titled and look at the highest closed sales. That allows me to quickly create titles that are proven effective without having to re-invent the wheel. I just make minor changes to match my item and never copy and paste a previous title. I don't worry about trends and just concentrate on my area of expertice. Hope that helps.

Hoping to meet many of you in July at the eBay Open.

Heather and Bob Malkoff

Message 11 of 58
latest reply

Slow Sales in June 2018

I agree, I have no sales. And no one even looking at my listings.  What has happened to the shopper traffic?

Message 12 of 58
latest reply

Slow Sales in June 2018

No sales since June 13th.  I took a one day vacation but I average 2K-4K a month in sales.  This is the most dismal period I have had.  My Ebay app is showing no views but I do have more watchers.  

Message 13 of 58
latest reply

Slow Sales in June 2018

Seems like everytime ebay changes things the sale drop off like dead flies.  I was doing 10-20 packages a day, the last 3 days I have had 2 packages a day.  Why can't they leave things alone....This is NOT Amazon and they will never become Amazon.  I usually do between 2K-4K a month, I will be lucky if I hit $1500.00 this month.    This new FREE RETURNS is bull **bleep**.  Why does ebay always go against their sellers to help out the buyers.  If they didn't have the sellers there wouldn't be a ebay.  Must be those top idiots that are running ebay.  I think they need to go back to School 101.   Frustrated  is an understatement.

Message 14 of 58
latest reply

Slow Sales in June 2018

Every time there is a major change my sales are no existant.
Message 15 of 58
latest reply