cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales down?

Hi everyone,

I am just wondering has anyone elses sales dropped the last 2 months?

Mine have hit rock bottom. I have not being doing anything different. But since all the recent changes

ebay has been doing, my sales just plummeted down hill since Sept. Any clues? or is it just me????

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Sales down?

Not just you as it appears to be happening to many of us.Wish I had a solution.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Sales down?

in the past month my sales have dropped 75% . I had to take money out of my savings to pay the fees. 

this is ridiculous , I took 600 listings off and am down to bare bones, if I didn't have to pay a penalty to close my store I would have. 

no sense in  paying insertion fees  if you get no views, watchers or sales , I've been here for 15 years am ready to call it quits , this isn't the place for small sellers anymore

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Sales down?

I had a real slump for about 6 weeks, but have seen a good upswing this week.  I've kept listing and fiddling with titles, etc on my relistings, which does seem to help.  Hang in there and try, if you can, to work through it.  Am very happy to see sales again!  Fingers crossed for you as well.  Beth

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Sales down?

I had a good business on Ebay.co.uk. but my sales have dropped 50% in the last 8 months.... And just to clear things up, 95% of the products I sell are not on Amazon - So I can't blame Amazon....There are no new sellers "undercutting" my prices & I have not altered the pricing or shipping. All my listing " comply" with Ebays latest "security" & mobile friendly measures...so....hmmm.

Have you ever looked at your listing as a proposed buyer? I do and I'm bombarded with other sellers products EBay "think" is a good idea to place on my listing under the umbrella of "cross selling". Then there are the Sponsored Links that Ebay also place within my listings....too many cooks....

I did build up a good customer base  on EBay because of good products & great customer service.  A returning buyer could purchase from me knowing they would receive a great products knowing if anything was amiss, it would be rectified promptly.  Sadly, no more........ Because of EBAY. When a buyer clicks my listing from a previous purchase they "assume" that everything on that listing is from me. I've had a number of buyers complain about products they assumed were from me  - but purchased from elsewhere which takes some explaining to a "newby" to ebay who is not computer savvy (Yes there are people out there - don't believe everything the powers that be tell you...)

Ebays cross selling is WAY to much & driving customers / & business AWAY from Ebay. 

Try searching for your product in a "private browser" and when you find it, you may well be surprised....

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Sales down?

I see you sold 33 item since the 1st, that is good. I sold 9 items, now that is sad. Starting in mid December through January sales have always been slow.  Now its the time to get inventory done for the tazes and organizing and cleaning out the losers.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Sales down?

Yep! Ebay tells me I'm down 47% compared to the prior 31 day period. It's discouraging, but as Beth says, just keep listing and tweaking and things should turn around. That and become more active posting listings on social media. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply