cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns - This is not rent the runway....Too many returns that obviously have been worn?

This is my first one of these ever.  I hope I do this right.Woman Embarassed

I am getting so many returns from customers that have obviously been worn.  They stink and the tag has been moved on the item from where I knew it was.   I accept returns and obviously can't accuse anyone of this, but it is getting very old fast.   I wish we had a system that we could put a tag on all items and if it was removed it was not returnable.  Something that can't be removed and easily put back on. I am trying to make money and getting these items back in the condition I have is very upseting.  I don't have the money to continously loose these items to dishonest buyers.  Do others have this issue?  What can I do? I don't want to spend the time debating over a no win situation.  I feel eBay wouldn't be able to side with me on this.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Returns - This is not rent the runway....Too many returns that obviously have been worn?

you can use the report buyer link to put a mark against the buyer but what is reurn reason buyers are using.If not as described you can not prove item was not sent in condition buyer says they received (its a he said/she said dispute)

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hello,

As ebay sellers we understand how hard it is to deal with unneccessary returns and invalid reason. What I usually do for returns is create a proper return policy. Ask buyer to pay for shipping. Add the clause in policy to process return the item should be in unworn condition. Before customer send the item ask them if they have worn the item if yes for how long. Ask for picture. We know there are some customer who will say No they havent worn the item. Accept the returns from the buyer. In this case if anyone is buying something and if they have to pay for shipping they think twice before sending it. Once you receive the item back from customer. Take a picture of the item click and send it customer mention the condition of the item in the message. Call ebay representative and report the buyer. This will help you as well as ebay to sort and take action against such customer. Hope I was help for you:)

-SparkletJewelry

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

You do understand that if the buyer files a snad complaint at Ebay, the seller is forced to provide a return shipping label.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

It was  common here some yrs back for sellers who had nice new items to get bright wrist bands (like if you went to a festival and needed one to get back in) that they secured in a very obvious place.  The buyer was informed that the item had to be returned with the security band intact and in place in order for you to accept a return.  They could try it on, but couldn't wear it out somewhere with this neon-orange band on the front.  The tyvek sticks tightly to itself and needs scissors to remove.

They can be purchased right here on eBay--example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-3-4-NEON-YELLOW-TYVEK-WRISTBANDS-PAPER-WRISTBANDS-WRISTBANDS-FOR-EVENTS-...

I'm pretty sure that was effective.  I don't sell high-end new stuff so don't have to deal with this, but hope this helps.

Beth

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Hopefully one of the more high-end sellers will reply as well, but I'm pretty certain that eBay would back you up if you had good pictures of the item with the tyvek band attached just before shipping and good pictures of an item returned without it.

Choose a distinctive part of the garment to attach the tyvek....through the top buttonhole or something.  

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Hello,

Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose. 

But if you dont fight for what is right and keep quite no one will come and save you out of it. 

-SparkletJewelry

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thank you all for taking the time to give me your feedback. I have never heard of the tyvek, wrist band idea. I think I will try that. I have reported people, but it keeps happening.  I hate to block people, but I had to do that too.  Keeping a high rating seems so hard working with people that do this.  eBay told me that I could charge a restocking fee, but I don't want to loose good sales because of a restocking fee.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I use "security" tags, the kind you are assigned for concerts, sporting events, hospitals.  They are a log strip with super sticky ends that cannot be pulled apart, the tag would have to be cut off.  I put it where it will really show, a hemline, armhole, etc. and I buy neon colors.  Since I started using them  my returns have decreased significantly and they are super inexpensive.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I used to use the wristbands for when I used to sell high end items, it seemed to work, you can also just loop a piece of paper with your username handwritten and "laminated" with packing tape on both sides for the same effect. I would also photograph the item with the wristband on it just in case.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply