cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Authenticate This Gucci Belt #1

Hello!

Could you please tell me if this belt is authentic and if it is vintage? Any additional information would be useful as well. I can tell it is reversible...how neat! Sorry for the order of the photos.

Thanks in advance!IMG_2056.jpgIMG_2058.jpgIMG_2060.jpgIMG_2061.jpgIMG_2055.jpgIMG_2079.jpgIMG_2078.jpgIMG_2074.jpgIMG_2063.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@cmcnamara927 ,

Well, the buckle alone is really enough to know it's not by Gucci. I'd be surprised if they ever really made a reversible belt anyway. Luxury designers don't tend to opt into economizing, 2-for-one, trends like that. 

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The buckle does not look right to me; it seems poorly made. Especially with that cack-handed scratching of GUCCI ITALY (?) on the underside. I take it there are no other markings on the inside of the belt?

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Are there any Gucci markings on the leather belt itself?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hello!

There are no markings on the inside of this belt. Originally I didn't think it was a problem, only because it seems to be reversible.

Thanks for your continued help!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@cmcnamara927 ,

Well, the buckle alone is really enough to know it's not by Gucci. I'd be surprised if they ever really made a reversible belt anyway. Luxury designers don't tend to opt into economizing, 2-for-one, trends like that. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

That makes a lot of sense. Thank you for your confirmation as fake, as well as your time and expertise!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply