cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Louis Vuitton Chantilly bag was removed

I own 4 LV Chantilly bags, because I love them.  All are purchased in a Louis Vuitton store and I want to sell the oldest ones. I stated in my description that I am the original owner and they were purchased in a LV store. I also posted a picture with the stamp inside. yet, each one was removed (two so far).  Since I know they are authentic, I am baffled. Who makes these decisions? 

As far as i know, these are never been counterfeited because its too much labor intensive (but, I may be wrong there). Nevertheless, I would love this issue solved. They are old and I sell them cheap, but I do like to sell them.

Any input? 

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

“Permission to relist”. Dang spellcheck...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Looks like a vintage Chantilly to me however I can for sure seeing someone report it thinking the stitching on a made in France bag cannot be white and Vuitton never attaches tags to bags which you assumingly did yourself.

Get the bag professionally authenticated for, I think, under $10 or so. I’ve used authenticate4u and caroldiva for vintage Vuitton.

What IS with that white stitching repair or is it my phone?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

The stitching isn't white and the tag is from a LV store where I brought it in to determine how much it cost to have it repaired. I don't need the bag to be authenticated as I purchased it myself in a LV store. Neither did LV question the authenticity when I brought it in to find out if they could repair it and how much it would cost. The Chantilly bag to my knowledge was never been reproduced as it is too costly and labor intensive, though I may be wrong. I any event, I have never seen a fake copy of this bag. Have any of you?
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

The point is not that YOU need the bag authenticated. The point is that EBAY needs the bag authenticated. Do not list any more designer bags until you get some advice from the ladies here. After two removals I'm thinking you could be close to permanent removal of your account.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@adinagreenberg

"The Chantilly bag to my knowledge was never been reproduced as it is too costly and labor intensive, though I may be wrong."

You are wrong. There isn't any LV bag that is too labor intensive or costly for the counterfeiters to reproduce. If there is so much as a few bucks to be made, they will reproduce it.

"I any event, I have never seen a fake copy of this bag. Have any of you?"

Yes and many of them.

As stated above, in order to relist you need to get a professional authentication.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

With respect, you are not listening to me or the others so listen again, From what
I can see it is a vintage Chantilly showing the old font but that doesn’t matter. It was undoubtedly reported because the stitching looks white (adjust your camera settings and NEVER post a picture without reviewing it first for color and clarity) and you have that tag attached. NEVER do that either.

As others have said you’ll have no account left if you don’t get the bags that were taken down professionally authenticated and THEN GO to ebay with the authentications and ask permission to resist. It doesn’t matter if you know they’re real as they’ve already been taken down. Others thought it (they) were counterfeit (although I think it’s fine). And yes, as stated the Chantilly and virtually all Vuitton is faked. 

DO THIS NOW!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

“Permission to relist”. Dang spellcheck...

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@ adinagreenberg - I have another suggestion should you decide to invest in a pro authentication in order to get permission to relist.

After seeing your completed and relisted listing for the same item, I wonder whether your picture #2 might have been part of the problem. If you used your webcam to take that picture, you need to change the setting so it doesn't photograph the heat stamp as a mirror image. If that image is perceived to be the actual heat stamp, someone might have reported it, thinking that it's fake and the counterfeiters made a mistake in stamping.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

You are right of course. I received a most cryptic message from Ebay that does not give an answer to my question, it talks about confidentiality and protecting members. That doesn't make sense to me, but I won't re-list before authenticating it and asking permission.
Thanks for taking the time to answer, I appreciate it
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I used my phone and by accident posted the wrong picture, I do have one with the correct stamp. You have a point, thank you!
Message 10 of 10
latest reply