cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV garment bag was it ever made with Nylon lining?

I purchased a Garment bag listed as Louis Vuitton last month, and finally received today (almost 30 days since I paid)

Before paying I explained to the seller that I repurpose the material and the bag must be authentic in order for me to use it.  Although I can’t sell my items on eBay, other websites do allow it and I have many loyal customers, one of the main reasons being, I only use authentic material

When I received the bag today, it was very disappointing, after waiting so long, i am 95% sure it’s fake.  After deconstructing so many bags it’s gotten muchh easier to “feel” a fake but The hardest part is telling the seller. It’s harder for me to tell from picturesbecause it isn’t an easy fabric to photograph (it can look very different in difeerent lighting)

Even with the worst fakes,   I like to assume the seller had no idea and it was an honest mistake, but no matter how politely I try to put it, it never goes across well.  The bag is IMO, a pretty good counterfit which makes it more difficult.

The smell of the bag was overwhelming “wrong” when I opened the box.  When the bag is next to an original you can see the difference, fairly easily though.  One of the things that had led me to believe the bag would be real was the dark brown lining I assumed was the typical but when I recieved it is actually nylon.  The stamped leather square on the brown nylon is marked “louis Vuitton, paris,  made in u.s.a.  Were any LV garment bags ever made with nylon lining? I’ve never seen any but wanted ro confirm before bringing it up as reason.

if anyone wants to see pics I can upload

thanks

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

No one will be able to comment without pictures.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@cash4goodeez

Please post pics.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply