cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kate spade eyeglasses! Real or fake???

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if these are real? I got them through mericari, but I'm definitely not an expert and don't want knock offs!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@u.s.a.paramedics

They look good to me.

You got a good deal on them too.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@u.s.a.paramedics

They look good to me.

You got a good deal on them too.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Awesome! Thanks!

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

If you plan to sell, clear pictures of the writing on the insides of both arms are crucial.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Ok! I don't have access to them now but when i do I'll post pictutes and see what you think

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I'm not questioning authenticity. The pictures you showed look fine. But for sales of glasses, particularly highly faked brands but also for sizing specs, it's important that buyers (and authenticators) see clear pictures of all logos and markings.
albertabrightalberta

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Oh, ok! I'm not planning on selling them, i just got a really good deal and wanted to see if someone on here could help me verify that they're authentic, before i put lenses in. Thank you! 🙂

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@u.s.a.paramedics wrote:

Oh, ok! I'm not planning on selling them, i just got a really good deal and wanted to see if someone on here could help me verify that they're authentic, before i put lenses in. Thank you! 🙂

The optician will tell you if the glasses are RX ready. KS makes OTC (over the counter) sunnies but those can't be used for prescription lenses.

Generally, Luxotica (the mfr) frames that are RX ready come with clear plastic fake lenses with the brand name permanently etched/imprinted on the left lens.

The problem with buying rx-ready frames separately from where you're going to get the lenses is that most retailers (Pearle Vision, Lenscrafters, Vision Works, etc.) have specials where you get discounts when the full set of frames and lenses are purchased. To buy lenses separately can be more expensive than buying the set.

And don't get me started on how bad I think that is for the environment when they force customers to dispose of perfectly good frames in order to get an affordable price on glasses!

However if you have an insurance program (such as Davis Vision or the like), you can use their participating providers and get reasonably priced lenses. 

Can you tell I've been there? I found wonderful (brand new) Chanel frames for $9 at a thrift store that assumed they were fake. I ended up getting my lenses through my insurance company and saved hundreds of dollars! 

albertabrightalberta

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for all the info! Those are points i honestly didn't think of! I just came across these frames for cheap, and i love kate spade!!

I'll run them over to a local optical store in town and see what he quotes me. Thanks again for all the help 🙂

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Lion's Clubs accept unwanted eyeglass frames for their international 'Sight Programs' in developing countries.  

So easy to do.  And convenient.  

They can be dropped off at participating LensCrafters, Sears Optical, Sunglass Hut and others.

https://www.lasik.com/articles/donate-eye-glasses/

Debora

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Yes, Debora. DH and I donate no-longer-used glasses to the local lions club.

I believe the OP bought the glasses to have her own lenses put in to use herself.
albertabrightalberta

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Try replace-a-lens. They are an online service where you send your rx and frames at great prices. Rx must be less than a year old. I used them once a couple years ago and was very pleased. In fact I am wearing rhe glasses now.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Awesome! Thanks!
Message 13 of 13
latest reply