cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Fendi Wallet Real?

It is new without tags and comes with the top of the box (not pictured).  Can I just list it as a new wallet and leave out Fendi?  I cannot find any tags in the wallet but it is embossed with that double F mark and Fendi.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@divwido wrote:

It is new without tags and comes with the top of the box (not pictured).  Can I just list it as a new wallet and leave out Fendi?  I cannot find any tags in the wallet but it is embossed with that double F mark and Fendi.

If you don't know and can't verify authenticity that it's made by Fendi, you can't list it and leave out the brand name. It has Fendi markings and their logo so it must be authentic in order to list. 

Summer is slower as people are on vacation so you might have to wait to see if someone chimes in but if not, there are professional authentication services (about $7.50) and you can get your answer. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I left off the pictures.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

In general, those plastic card windows indicate an inexpensive wallet or a counterfeit designer one.

Debora

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@divwido wrote:

If you don't know and can't verify authenticity that it's made by Fendi, you can't list it and leave out the brand name. It has Fendi markings and their logo so it must be authentic in order to list. 

Summer is slower as people are on vacation so you might have to wait to see if someone chimes in but if not, there are professional authentication services (about $7.50) and you can get your answer. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

It's in a box headed for Goodwill. Thank you for letting me know that was the better choice.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I'd take it out of the goodwill box.

Donating a fake continues the cycle, allowing that fake to be resold. It'll fool consumers who will think they're getting either the real thing and paying big bucks for it or thinking they're getting a deal. And when buyers think they got a steal, that buyer will often list that item on ebay or another site and further fool more buyers.

As much as I support saving the environment, I'd mark that thing up with "FAKE FAKE" and dispose of it.
albertabrightalberta

Message 6 of 6
latest reply