cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im desperate! can't sell bags cos ebay removed all listings

Hello dear Community! U are my last hope to understand what’s going on. Today I talked with 5  eBay agents so that  they clarified my situation but they did not say anything intelligible.

I created 5 listings, 4 items were sold and shipped. And after that eBay sent me message :

After reviewing your account, we've had to take the following action:
- Some or all of your listings may have been removed. A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).
The listing(s) removed from your account showed similarities to listings that have resulted in bad buying experiences, such as complaints from buyers that the item is of poor quality or inauthentic. Based on these similarities, please don't relist these items on eBay.Here are the listings we removed:...........

To all my attempts to find out what happens they are getting away from the answer and start talking about authenticity. All my items have store receipt or was authentificate by ProAuthentificators.com , and I showed all this in my listings, I made good detailed photos. 

I do not understand what rules I violated.

Who have the same problem?

How to protect myself from the same situation on the future?

Im also ready to pay for good quality informative consultation! 

Thanks for reading my text!

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

You say they came with a store receipt. Did YOU buy these purses yourself from an LV store???

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

attach couple photos (the system not allow me to add more) . bags authentic.

Im talking about not about authentic, Im talking about what to do if ur bag authentic But eBay removed ur listing.

I want sell not one or two bags, I want sell like 20-30 bags , I want do business. I have such an opportunity.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

I'm not an LV expert, but that paperwork proves nothing, as receipts and paperwork can be counterfeited as well. 

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Please post clear pictures of each bag outside, date code, heat stamp font, zipper pulls. Jsales am i missing anything?

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

@dadakol wrote:

To all my attempts to find out what happens they are getting away from the answer and start talking about authenticity. All my items have store receipt or was authentificate by ProAuthentificators.com , and I showed all this in my listings,  

Question 1: Who are "ProAuthentificators?" I looked up that site and it doesn't exist. I did find proauthenticators and that site looks very much like another site we've seen.

I did a whois lookup and saw another red flag. That site has a private whois lookup which seems questionable. It seems to me that a reputable site would be proud of who they are and wouldn't hide their identity. 

Additionally, their website states that they're based in Florida but their phone number and google indicate that they're located in Sunnyvale, CA. 

Question 2: I don't know LV receipts but to my uneducated eyes, that receipt looks odd to me. Were you the buyer whose name is on the receipt or did you buy the items and receive the receipts second hand? 

Question 3: How did you happen to come into possession of 20-30 bags? It's a huge red flag for a seller without 

Question 3: Were all pictures in your listings your own? Did you write your own descriptions? 

4: @jsales0 is one of the the LV experts as well as the best shoes expert I know. If you post good clear pictures of the LV items, maybe she can look at them as well as the LV wallet and Gucci shoes you already sold. 

If jsales0 deems your items as authentic (and the pictures have to be good), she'll recommend who she uses for authentications. (It's not the site you say you used.)

All that said, if indeed you used a site for authentications, a reputable company should be helping you straighten this out. 

My suggestion to an inexperienced and unproven seller is to consign those highly faked items to a company who has experience and a reputation. Although their commission would be higher than you'd pay ebay, they can sell items for more money and you don't deal with the hassle of problem buyers, returns, etc. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Alberta i missed that he had 20 to 30 bags to sell. I was already questioning some pics but nevermind. Got my answer. 

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

May I ask....you are registered in the USA, show your item location as New Jersey (looking at an ended LV listing) but state in the listing that the item is actually located in Moscow.   And based on your listing descriptions and your posts here, it appears that English is not your first language.

Where are you actually located and shipping from?  

Until recently, your user ID shows that the items you sold were offered on the UK site, as the prices are displaying in UK currency, and were mostly domestic products like nappies (a UK term not a US term for diapers) 

You also changed your user name in April of this year.

Is this eBay account something you purchased or received from someone else?

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Wow so many answers! Thanks for that!

Well today I've received message from eBay:

Listing Appeals SR# 1-16************

Hello *******,

Thank you for contacting us again as your items are authentic. I understand that you wanted some advice on how to improve your selling activities as you’re afraid to be blocked again, so I will explain things further.

Firstly, I appreciate you for choosing eBay for your business. I realize that you are unsure as about the removal of your listing and you believe it to be genuine. I will explain in detail as what next to be done in this situation.

I’ve reviewed your listing carefully and I can assure that your item removal was not to question the authenticity of your item, it was mainly removed because the way it was listed on the site. I understand it is unintentional breach because you are not aware of our policy. Please read below information about how you can relist your item and avoid such removal instance in future.

Please understand while listing branded items, we suggest member to accurately describe their items as this will increase the buyer’s confidence on purchasing your item and helps in avoiding any disputes with the buyer. We do this with the aim of keeping the site safer for all members, and sometimes this means removing certain listings.

Some of the factors that we considered are as follows; you can mention these details in description.

1: Authenticity detail such as receipt if available.

2: Where it has been purchased & what is the original price?

3: What condition the item is in & what material is used?

4: What is the reason for selling it now?

I appreciate that you have provided images; however, some of the images are not clear and sufficient for such high branded item.  As per our update you can now upload 12 pictures which are free for sellers for their listing so I would recommend you to take more clear self taken pictures of the item, box, dust bag, from different angles which will help in gaining the trust of the bidders and will increase buyer’s confidence to purchase your item.

As we are 100% sure that your item is authentic, you can definitely relist this item with all the necessary details pertaining the authenticity of the item and the guidelines I have mentioned above.

I trust this information is helpful to understand the reason for removal and relisting the same.. If there's anything else we can help you with, just let us know.

Kind regards,

Michelle A.

eBay Customer Service

So I suppose right now no doubt that my items original.....

If any have the same situation when u try to sell authentic item, but Ebay accuses u of unauthenticity and remove ur listings. And after eBay changed his mind.... Please share your store. 

I'm worried that this will happen again and end without a happy ending.

Thanks!

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Didn’t post because this is way beyond me and I have no experience with the appeals process but it appears that the OP has been given permission to relist.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

It does appear you've been given permission to relist. Apparently the listing(s) were removed because you didn't have enough clear and definitive pictures of the "right" parts of the items necessary for both you to prove authenticity and for buyers to judge for themselves or have items authenticated by those who know the brands. 

As for Michelle A.'s list of items to include in listings, my comments follow. (My comments are in red.) 

Some of the factors that we considered are as follows; you can mention these details in description.

1: Authenticity detail such as receipt if available. 

PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES! That's what proves authenticity. Receipts don't prove anything for a couple of reasons. Receipts can (and often are faked) and genuine receipts from a legitimate purchase can be used to "prove" authenticity of a fake. 

2: Where it has been purchased & what is the original price?

This is irrelevant, unnecessary and original price has nothing to do with the item's value now. Some items depreciate with age; others appreciate in value. An item is worth what a willing buyer wants to pay for it. 

3: What condition the item is in & what material is used?

Important! And disclose and photograph any areas of wear, scuffing, stains. 

4: What is the reason for selling it now?

Irrelevant and not buyer's business. Some people shop and buy specifically for resale. Others sell items they no longer use. The reason for selling isn't necessary.

For pictures, clear closeup pictures using the macro function when necessary are imperitive. Stuff the bag and photograph so it is attractive. (For example, don't take pictures of the bag lying flat on the floor.) 

Honest and complete descriptions are a must. Include measurements. Don't avoid disclosing "issues" because the buyer isn't blind and if you don't mention the ink stains all over the lining, you're in for a SNAD dispute when she gets it and finds that mess! 

(I tend to over-describe. I'd rather my buyer be pleasantly surprised that it's better than described than to be disappointed to find undisclosed problems.)

Take advantage and use all 12 pictures that ebay allows you to insert. 

If you need advice on what pictures to show for certain brands, there are helpful posters here who can advise. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

I forgot to mention this although someone mentioned it earlier.

Your "item location" as shown at the top of the listing MUST match where the item is being shipped from.

For example, your previous listings of the both the LV wallet and the Gucci shoes show item locations as New Jersey yet the description states, "location is Moscow city( Russia). Shipping via EMS with tracking number, delivery time usually 10 days (depends on customs)."

You can't have that. If you're shipping from Moscow, you have to put that in the item location part of the listing and NOT have NJ there.

albertabrightalberta

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

What an interesting message from eBay!

What information did you provide to eBay that led to these statements in their message?

.... your items are authentic. ...

..... we are 100% sure that your item is authentic...

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

@city*satins wrote:

What an interesting message from eBay!

What information did you provide to eBay that led to these statements in their message?

.... your items are authentic. ...

..... we are 100% sure that your item is authentic...

That was very surprising to me to but having it in writing should help if the listings are removed again. 

What I found concerning is some of the "proof" that was suggested as being added to the listing. 

Personally, I'd still invest $7.50 in professional authentications. (In fact, the OP might consider asking for a discount if dozens of items are being submitted for authentication.)

albertabrightalberta

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Yes, I thought it was a very odd message, given the blatant problems such as location of item not being mentioned and the very silly advice that the seller should offer up a reason that the item was being listed.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in eBay's staff.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply