cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gucci authentication

Can anyone tell me if this is authentic?  Thanks in advance!

IMG_1466.JPGIMG_1467.JPGIMG_1468.JPGIMG_1469.JPGIMG_1470.JPGIMG_1475.JPG

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Gucci authentication

The bag is AUTHENTIC.  It is the GG line release, sold from 1969 to 1973, prior to the release of the Accessories line.

There is not a serial number or stamp - but sometimes these were released with a 2 or 3 digit imbossed on the interior leather, sometimes not.  At that time it was made purses were still part of the perfume division.

I have no doubt, I have a wallet from the same line.

Caped~
The information and writing contained in this post is the property of the named Ebay user who retains sole and exclusive rights without limitation which may not be granted to another without written permission.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Gucci authentication

I do have my doubts OP.  

Let's wait for the others to chime in.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Gucci authentication

I would not expect to be able to see the outer stitching on the lining and would expect to see some type of Gucci makr on the inside.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Gucci authentication

It's a fake and it's a bad one all the way around. For starters, the outter Gucci logo is off/crooked and all the letters run together and touch. This is not something you will ever see on the outter Gucci logo when the full word is spelled out. There is no leather tag with a serial inside the bag either. Nor is the lining consistent with that of Gucci. The bag itself is made of a lower quality material that Gucci doesn't use. 

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Gucci authentication

The logo isn't crooked and the letters don't run together.  The pic isn't that great due to the reflection.  I think that's what you're seeing.

I've seen quite a few online in the same canvas.  Are they all fake??

gucci.jpggucci2.jpggucci3.jpg

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Gucci authentication

OP, if you google "kevloveslevis" you'll find another option for authenticating Gucci. Both kevloveslevis and papertiger are Gucci experts specializing in vintage.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Gucci authentication

I've been talking to someone at Authenticate4U.com.  Are they not reliable?  Thanks for the other suggestions, I will check them out.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Gucci authentication

@quelle-surprise wrote:

I've been talking to someone at Authenticate4U.com.  Are they not reliable?  Thanks for the other suggestions, I will check them out.

Nothing wrong with them, IMO. I was referring to a free authentication, similar to what you get here.

I've used A4U for Gucci. That's my favorite professional authentication company because they use multiple authenticators, each of whom has expertise in the brand she/he does. Some other companies have only one person who claims expertise in all brands. And IMO, one can't be expert in everything!

albertabrightalberta

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Gucci authentication

The bag is AUTHENTIC.  It is the GG line release, sold from 1969 to 1973, prior to the release of the Accessories line.

There is not a serial number or stamp - but sometimes these were released with a 2 or 3 digit imbossed on the interior leather, sometimes not.  At that time it was made purses were still part of the perfume division.

Caped~
The information and writing contained in this post is the property of the named Ebay user who retains sole and exclusive rights without limitation which may not be granted to another without written permission.
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Gucci authentication

WOW CAPE WELCOME BACK!

Everyone, know that Cape is definitely a vintage Gucci EXPERT.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Gucci authentication

@orange_cape_hides_me wrote:

Where have you been!?!?!?!? Hang around for a while!

albertabrightalberta

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Gucci authentication

Holy **bleep**, there's a blast from the past!  Thank you, Oh Caped One!

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Gucci authentication

I guess I should have said CARP.  LOL

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Gucci authentication

This is why it's good to wait for known experts to come by!  Others can do more harm than good by giving their opinions when they really have no expertise with the brand.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Gucci authentication

Hi Trucker, jsales & Alberta!! LTNS. Will stop by as time allows ... boards are not what they once were, eh?

Hope everyone is well and healthy. 🙂

Caped~
Message 15 of 19
latest reply