cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gucci authentication

Hello. I recently purchased a Gucci handbag on eBay. The listing said the bag was authentic but after receiving the item it doesn't seem to be real. The serial number is on one line not two and the quality seems poor. The listing said no returns but also said the bag was authentic. Does anyone know if the bag is real? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Gucci-GG-Supreme-Purse-/263117153405?txnId=0

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Gucci authentication

@albertabrightalberta  - thought the pics in the first pic here were the OP's.   I think the pics of the serial #'s in blue and brown are yours, no?

@xxdrownedworldxx - I've managed to take a pic of one of mine (both front and back) and they are not the best, but they are from one of the vintage Gucci's that I own.  Label 1 .JPGLabel 2 .JPG

The second one w/the serial # is closer to the grain of the leather for 80s.  Some of the 70's bags has smooth leather.  If the first pic of the serial # is yours, the bag is authentic.  Let me see if I could get one of the zipper also.  Hope this helps

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

dvgvintage
Message 16 of 24
latest reply

I was referring to the pic near the top

dvgvintage
Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Just to be clear here is the serial number for the bag in question

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

And a little more to give you a better piece of mind, the outer zipper fob is correct as well as the inner zipper fob - the leather in the second pic is indicative to vintage Gucci leather.   I would never, ever say that a vintage Gucci is authentic if it is not or if I had any doubts, I would post the same.  Sometimes it is the angle of the camera or the light as to how it reflects on the leather will make it appear that it is not real vintage Gucci leather.  But wait for the others to pop in

dvgvintage
Message 19 of 24
latest reply

@xxdrownedworldxx

If @dvgvintage says it's authentic & I believe she did, it's back a ways now- then you're all good! She & Cape are 2 of the better known and trusted Gucci experts around here..

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

Aww, you are making me blush 

dvgvintage
Message 21 of 24
latest reply

That bag is 100% authentic. 

Vintage bags had only 1 line for serial number. 

Accessories Collection items typically were made with cheaper parts than the main line counter part. 

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

The correct format depends on the era of production.  It's only been about 15 years since Gucci went to the 2 line format.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

It's definitely authentic and was produced sometime in the early to mid 1980s.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply