cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gucci, authentic or fake?

I was wondering if this Gucci is authentic.  There seems to be a very faint coge on the other side of the leather tag inside but I can't read it. Any other markers to look for?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Quality.  GUCCI is a luxury brand.  If a handbag with a GUCCI logo looks like something one would buy at the local mall, it's not genuine GUCCI.  

Debora

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Fake.
Always place a HAPPY price on your items. You never know, one of your buyers may be HAPPY to buy it from you.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Very. Debora
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Is that very authentic?
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Could you tell me what markers you look for to determine authenticity?

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@gogoproductions wrote:
Fake.
@debora_34_ wrote:
Very. Debora

@tominhope wrote:
Is that very authentic?

Nope, very fake.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Quality.  GUCCI is a luxury brand.  If a handbag with a GUCCI logo looks like something one would buy at the local mall, it's not genuine GUCCI.  

Debora

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

The tag on the inside of the bag is never rounded, it is square cut. The font on the tag "GUCCI made in italy" has been the same for over 30 years. The best way is to find a real bag and compare the inside tag to the one you would like to purchase. The back of the tag has also not changed, if the font differs at all then it is a fake (just a note, the top number are the style number the bottom numbers are production info). They still use the same tag on the new bags in stores now. Some of the newer bags have a small ribbon on the inside pocket or bag with a QR looking code, this started a few years back. Here is a photo of an authentic Gucci tag back and front and inside tag to help you when you start looking. Good luck! MarthaGucci_OxbloodSlouchyBAG12.jpgGucci_OxbloodSlouchyBAG10.jpgGucci_OxbloodSlouchyBAG11.jpg

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Thank you Martha. Yours was the most helpful and I appreciate the time and effort you took with your reply.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Very surprised by the op's last statement.

Well, I am sorry you were offended by one-worded answer, but I had other commitments. I thought it would be better to respond than to ignore you.

Wow. Just wow!
Always place a HAPPY price on your items. You never know, one of your buyers may be HAPPY to buy it from you.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

To the OP: Another reason why people sometimes prefer not to go into detail about what makes an item fake is that it can be seen as helping the counterfeiters to make a better fake and to give insight to dishonest sellers of what NOT to show in their listings if such details would prove items as fake.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:
To the OP: Another reason why people sometimes prefer not to go into detail about what makes an item fake is that it can be seen as helping the counterfeiters to make a better fake and to give insight to dishonest sellers of what NOT to show in their listings if such details would prove items as fake.

^^^This...

It makes me extremely uncomfortable when I get asked detailed questions when authenticating an item.

It's happened here several times with the Supreme line- I understand people want to know "why"  I came to the opinion but I don't want to tip off counterfeiters to the TINY little signals.

Never gave details when I authenticated on the other site, well,,, very few at least & only the most obvious. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I appreciate the concern about fake manufacturer's learning their mistakes, but the reality here is that those manufacturers already know these details.

These items have these flaws because the fakes only need to be good enough to fool the average person. If the fake manufacturers actually wanted to create a more authentic bag, they would do so. They have access to real bags for research just like everyone else, so don't think for a moment that what I said is somehow secret data.

The best way to stop counterfeiting is to create informed buyers who scrutinize. If counterfeiters have to create an identical copy of a real bag because buyers are not fooled, then the process will be less profitable for them.

Further, the primary market for fakes are people who seek them out and buy them with full knowledge to save money and fool their friends and acquaintances. The difference between a fake and a real bag in that case is irrelevant.

With respect, I will continue to educate honest buyers who want authentic products at every opportunity and I am not interested in reading criticism regarding this practice.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

While you're entitled to that opinion, many here disagree and are just as entitled to theirs.

Alberta was NOT criticising you, she was explaining to the OP why many of the respondents chose not to list details in their replies.

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 14 of 14
latest reply