cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Coach serial number question

Does every Coach bag have a unique code...or do they use the same code on a few bags?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It really depends on the purse, every style has to be looked at with an eye out for things that arent right for that style or that shouldnt be there. Front and back of the purse and especially creed and serial number are the most important, and a full-width pic of the inside zipped pocket all the way out to the edge of the pocket.  if we need close-ups of any other area, we can ask. The important thing is that we need to be able to read and see details in the creed and serial number. If it has a magnetic snap with any stamped words or numbers on the "male" part we need to see a good pic of that too.

Just dont waste your time trying to photograph any YKK stamp on the zippers.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Up until the beginning of 1994, every Coach had its own unique all-number serial number. After 1994 the same letter and number combination serials could be found in hundreds or even thousands of the same style. And sometimes also in hundreds or even thousands of fakes. The ONLY way to authenticate a Coach is with clear readable photos.

Except for known always fake numbers, serial numbers cant tell anyone anything about authenticity. And up until the last few months Coach had stopped using real serial numbers in all of their purses, theyre only gradually bringing them back.

The Salearea Coach Guides posted here at Ebay have more information:

Serial Numbers:
http://www.ebay.com/gds/Coach-Serial-Numbers-the-Basic-Facts-/10000000034886433/g.html

Creeds;
http://www.ebay.com/gds/Coach-Creeds-the-Basic-Facts-/10000000030821024/g.html

and what to believe and what NOT to believe:

Coach Authenticity Guides - Facts and Myths

http://www.ebay.com/gds/Coach-Authenticity-Guides-Facts-and-Myths-/10000000062607882/g.html

and

The YKK Zipper Myth
http://www.ebay.com/gds/Coach-and-the-YKK-Zipper-Myth-the-Basic-Facts-/10000000040073710/g.html

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thank you 😊

I have read most of those...it is a lot to take in, and I am, honestly, just as clueless in detecting a fake as before, lol.  So, besides the serial number patch with the credo, if I were to send pics, what are the need to see areas of the purse? The seller already screwed me over on shipping...charged me for parcel post plus some, then sent it media mail!

Thanks for your time and help!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It really depends on the purse, every style has to be looked at with an eye out for things that arent right for that style or that shouldnt be there. Front and back of the purse and especially creed and serial number are the most important, and a full-width pic of the inside zipped pocket all the way out to the edge of the pocket.  if we need close-ups of any other area, we can ask. The important thing is that we need to be able to read and see details in the creed and serial number. If it has a magnetic snap with any stamped words or numbers on the "male" part we need to see a good pic of that too.

Just dont waste your time trying to photograph any YKK stamp on the zippers.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thank you...will work on that, tomorrow! 😄

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@panther59086

I saw the listing (since you'd left feedback) and the bag shown in the listing is authentic.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Hi all,

I'm writing an article on Coach serial numbers and trying to determine whether Coach still uses the little white tag inside the bag for the serial number or has gone back to putting it on the creed (as of Sept 2017). Many thanks.

Ketura

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@keturap4cyk wrote:

Hi all,

I'm writing an article on Coach serial numbers and trying to determine whether Coach still uses the little white tag inside the bag for the serial number or has gone back to putting it on the creed (as of Sept 2017). Many thanks.

Ketura

What type of "article" are you writing? Is it going to be another Coach "authenticity guide" that's full of information gathered from other sources, some of whom know what they're talking about and others who post inaccurate nonsense? 

Fair warning! Unless you are a proven expert of all the intricacies of Coach and know enough to write your guide using your own words and having done YOUR OWN research, you won't have much credibility. 

There are very few guides (particularly Coach) that are dependable enough that I would recommend. And those guides written by and updated by authors who make sure they don't become stale. 

Bottom line is that in asking the question you've posted, it doesn't sound like your knowledge is extensive enough that your "article" would be credible. 

JMHO. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Awesome, sounds like you are an expert. Can you answer my question? (I am definitely not writing a guide; those are indeed written by experts, which I am not. 😉 Thanks!!
Message 9 of 9
latest reply