cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flagging Specific Boardies For Help

Just my opinion but I know I’d really appreciate not being flagged when someone thinks I might be able to help on a post I haven’t answered. I don’t think I’m alone on this so I’ll ask you all to consider this as you tag regular boardies. 

I may not answer for any number of reasons. Sometimes I don’t know the answer and when it comes to authenticity opinions, I don’t guess. Sometimes a question is posted by someone who’s given me attitude or worse in the past. Again, I’ll pass, but know that I saw the post.

I can only speak for myself but you regs know I’m on this board constantly so if I don’t respond please don’t tag me as that really puts me in an awkward position as I don’t want to ignore you.

I DO understand tagging for known boardies who only check in occasionally and understand trying to get their expertise but I’m pretty much around all the time.

Anyone else who feels this way can add their name. Respectfully, there’s no obligation for anyone to post. We are volunteers and it’s our choice when we post.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Flagging Specific Boardies For Help

If you are talking about what I think you might be talking about, often people post after the last posting so the person that gets tagged is the last poster. If that is the case does not really mean you are getting tagged and they are replying to the original post and just didn't go all the way back to the top to tag them, some of these strings get pages long.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

TY for your explanation but not what my post is about. I know my post may not make sense to many but it’s honestly directed at a very few specific people on the fashion board who will understand. Sorry, I honestly don’t mean to be cryptic and truly feel that the eBay boards are for all. I’ve just got a specific issue that I wanted to air. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Sorry if that was not the information you were looking for. Because of how some of these boards are set up, they are open to the general readers who may try and help but may not know what tagging is in this case. You might try a title something like "Questions/Suggestions about listings in clothing ads being tagged" or something close to that, so the replies are more directed that way. Stay safe.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Many thanks for your time but again, your responses have nothing to do with my post and I know that my post was clear to those to whom it was directed. It will have no meaning to those that do not know me as you’ve clearly shown.  I hate to see anyone waste their time on this and the post has nothing to do with clothing tags.

I wish you health and happiness but there is no info you can offer me. My post only concerns a few specific frequent responders on this board.

I am not asking a question that can be answered. I am giving a requested instruction.

I really appreciate all who post and try to help others but please put your energies to those who are asking a question and if you really read my post you will see that I am NOT asking a question. 

Respectfully, I won’t respond anymore.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I have been guilty of this before, sorry .In my defense, it was the drive to help. 

You make a good point and won't  tag regular bordies in such manner  anymore. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@radka75 wrote:

I have been guilty of this before, sorry .In my defense, it was the drive to help. 

You make a good point and won't  tag regular bordies in such manner  anymore. 

Guilty as charged too. I've also been tagged however I rarely notice because I don't come based on notifications; I come to check new posts. So if I'm tagged, I only see it when I've read the thread. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

TY and know that I’m all for tagging for occasionally posting experts like Vanessa and others but I don’t need it as I’m here all the time and glad that you both understand why it can sometimes be awkward!😀

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I rarely tag, but I prefer being tagged. Since  am no longer selling, I will sometimes go a while without checking in. Getting that email helps me a lot. 

I do understand though what you are saying op! 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@mupcycledcouture wrote:

I rarely tag, but I prefer being tagged. Since  am no longer selling, I will sometimes go a while without checking in. Getting that email helps me a lot. 

I do understand though what you are saying op! 

👍

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I too am guilty of tagging and will no longer tag you. So sorry.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

TY All. Just know that I do check in multi times everyday so if I don’t post on something you think I might know there’s a reason. And BTW this applies to me only. I am NOT suggesting that others not be tagged and I’ll call on others to help too unless they tell me not to.

🥰

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Radka-Absolutely tag others to help unless they tell you not to. This post is about ME only. I have no issue with the concept of tagging but since I’m here all the time, it’s highly unlikely I’ll miss anything on which I want to post. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply