cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chanel Experts PLEASE

I have about 100 items in WOMENS chanel. Shoes, bags, jackets, trench coats, scarfs. I am the second owner and have no idea how much they sell for. I have more images but if you can help that would be amazing.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Chanel Experts PLEASE

You need to ask this on the fashion board.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Chanel Experts PLEASE

Chanel Experts PLEASE

I can tell you that selling Chanel and other designer items on ebay can be VERY tricky. They are very sensitive to the issue of knockoff items and will shut down a listing with the least suspicion because the manufacturers monitor the site closely. If you have the original packaging showing the retailer and price tag or the original receipt for the item, it goes much more smoothly.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Chanel Experts PLEASE

Hi, looking at Completed listings is one way to get a feel for the market you are researching. Go to the Search bar and click on Advanced. This takes you to the landing page to access Completed and Sold items if you're not already doing that. 

Chanel is a highly coveted brand and it does well here. Since you are the second owner, be sure of the authenticity of each piece prior to listing it as it is also a highly counterfeited brand. Even among collectors, it is possible for a very good fake to slip in.

Designer Vault is one place to research rare and vintage Chanel prices, and they have an informative blog as well. Forum.purseblog.com has info on Chanel bags. Those should get you started.

Wishing you all the best in your venture.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Chanel Experts PLEASE

@coolraycasey

I'll start by saying that I'm not a Chanel expert although there are some pretty obvious fakes I recognize as such. 

I have several comments. 

1. As a new seller with low feedback and ZERO history of selling highly faked brands of designer items, you're going to be a scammer magnet as well as being closely watched by those who know the brands.

2. When listing highly faked items, it's important to show LOTS of clear closeup pictures of the details that prove authenticity. Ebay allows you to insert 12 pictures free of charge. Take advantage of that freebie by posting pictures of all labels, fonts, buttons, hems, hardware, logos, serial numbers, date codes, etc. (What you show depends on the item you're selling.)

3. I find it hard to believe that you'd suddenly come into 100 pieces of authentic Chanel. My guess is that it's not authentic but that's just speculation based on what you've posted. 

4. I started by looking at your listings and I see your scarf listing with "Chanel" in the title, item specifics and description. Yet the scarf has a "Cartier" marking! And with one distant, dark picture that shows nothing to prove authenticity, you are at risk of the listing being removed if ebay thinks there isn't enough detail to show that you know your product. 

My suggestion is to end that listing, verify authenticity, submit 12 pictures (if deemed authentic) to a professional for added credibility and only then, should you relist. 

And did you really sell that Burberry trenchcoat for $1? Shipping had to be at least $15 so if authentic, you certainly lost money! 

This isn't meant to be mean but rather, constructive criticism; you need to learn your products, do your homework, reasearch fees (both ebay and paypal), research shipping costs, etc. before you start selling items that (when authentic and well-listed) sell for hundreds of dollars. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Chanel Experts PLEASE

. duplicate post

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Chanel Experts PLEASE

@alli*kat wrote:

. duplicate post

LOL! Did you say something along the lines of what I said!? GMTA. 

I just hope the OP comes back or he/she won't last long. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Chanel Experts PLEASE

Yes , lol.  I have learned from the best on these boards!

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Chanel Experts PLEASE

OK - what was already said plus I simply have to point this out to you - in addition to no information in the listing on measurements, details about condition (9/10 will not work!) one picture of a wrinkled scarf, photographed from too great a distance to answer the important visual questions a buyer will have such as the density of the weave, the type and condition of the edging, the presence or absence of fabric/country of origin tags)  you have mistaken this symbol for a double C logo of Chanel. It's actually one of the Cartier panther icons.   

You need to be slower, more thorough, and be aware that your past selling history (very little, uneven feedback, and in a totally different line of product) makes you vulnerable to problems with buyers and with eBay.   If you recently acquired a huge lot of authentic designer merchandise, congratulation!  But you must proceed with extreme caution.

We're happy to help direct you to resources and give you feedback on what you show us.

This says Cartier not ChanelThis says Cartier not ChanelThis is not the Chanel logo. It's the Cartier panthers symbolThis is not the Chanel logo. It's the Cartier panthers symbol

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Chanel Experts PLEASE

@coolraycasey wrote:

I have about 100 items in WOMENS chanel. Shoes, bags, jackets, trench coats, scarfs. 

Personally, it's a pet peeve of mine when posters come here looking for free help, we take time to offer guidance and suggestions and they never return. It strikes me as very ungrateful. 

@coolraycasey - please come back. 

I'd also like to know how you came into possession of 100 Chanel items. I've been on buying and selling on ebay for well over 15 years and in all that time, I haven't even found a handful of authentic Chanel for resale.

In fact, I've only found ONE item, Chanel Rx-ready eyeglasses that I purchased for my own use. (And they're gorgeous!) 

But EVERY other "Chanel" item I've found in thrift stores and yard sales have been fake. 

If you value your account and reputation, you'd darned well better make sure that all those 100 items are genuine BEFORE listing them. 

And please correct the current listing that you've been advised is not a Chanel scarf. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Chanel Experts PLEASE

Well, I found authentic Chanel Sunglasses in a yard sale for $10. I found 2-3 items inThrift stores. But recently I met a very well known woman in my town "Money bag" and we got to talking about fashion. She took me in to a enormous walk-in closet that was full of designer items. I know I touched 20-30 Chanels. She had 5 Chanel bags and seen 2 Hermes. My eyeballs were popping out. I tried to stay calm and told her If she gets tired of the stuff to give me a call. heart_eyes sunglasses

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Chanel Experts PLEASE

I’m in one of those moods...

From everthing I’ve read, I think that the best thing they can do is to end their listings and consign with an established known luxury reseller with a strong ebay presence. To the best of my knowledge the boards are supposed to be ebay directed so I’ll keep my opinions directed to this venue. You’d want to find a luxury reseller who has great feedback but expect to see a few negs. No one is perfect and both buyers and sellers can be less than truthful. Like everything there’s good and not so much on both sides but look for feedback that overall shows happy buyers.

Depending on the company you choose (and do your research) they may do their own authentication or they may request professional authentication prior to accepting your item for consignment in which case again, do your research and find a pro who will charge under $15 per item except for Hermes. I’ve never paid more than $7.50 I don’t think. Maybe $10 once.

While you’re consigning your items, it’s time to start learning how to sell luxury items on ebay. I love shopping here but I’m very careful. It’s really my fave as even though I think I know what I’m buying it’s always a bit of a surprise (I wish it were always in a good way...) so what you need if you REALLY want to sell here is to do what you’ve already been told by some of the best around:

Tons more photographs and review them prior to posting. If you can’t read them clearly, neither can we!

More descriptive text with detailed condition including all flaws. All measurements. With clothing you need to be a two dimensional three-way mirror as much as you can.

You need, as was always, brilliantly said by another, “Post pictures as though there was no text and describe as though there were no pictures.”

You can teach yourself to do it and protect not only your buyers (ebay pretty much does that for honest buyers and they should. But you deserve protection as much as possible from a bad buyer and you need to learn how to add to your own protections and set the correct settings for all terms from shipping to returns. 

Bottom line one is that you need EBAY 101 and that’s not something I teach although maybe others can direct you toward specific books. Is there a “Dummies”? (Not being politically correct lol, but those really taught me how to function (more or less) on the internet.

Now re: Authenticity-I’m sure that many here would bet against the odds of

finding a score of 100 authentic Chanel items at a price worth reselling and, betting odds, I’d have to agree but I’d also have to post that the possibility (albeit slim) definitely exists through access to a very special closet and they’re out there from personal knowledge.

Post back with any more questions and sorry for typos but I’m in a car (not driving!)

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Chanel Experts PLEASE

Forgot to add that you need to professionally authenticate the items that were taken down and if they come back as authentic you should submit the authentications to ebay or vero depending on the reason for takedown. I didn’t reread everything so apologies if this is repeated info.

IMO this is just to clean your account and you should be consigning through another seller. If they come back as counterfeit forget everything I said.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Chanel Experts PLEASE

@jsales0 wrote:

Bottom line one is that you need EBAY 101 and that’s not something I teach although maybe others can direct you toward specific books. Is there a “Dummies”? (Not being politically correct lol, but those really taught me how to function (more or less) on the internet.

Ask and you shall receive: 

albertabrightalberta

Message 15 of 16
latest reply