8ED43AF2-A8AE-4DE1-A77F-6054E51EFACF.jpeg

CAC39E5E-8806-4796-863A-EF0396F0A374.jpeg

18FC4459-348C-4DC6-8342-0F6B75DCC83B.jpeg

5D6F8101-956D-4747-A1E5-47786120AA84.jpeg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Authenticate Gucci vintage slippers

They look ok to me but I personally think odd ball items like these should be authenticated by a professional service.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I'm not really up on Gucci slippers but I'm kind of surprised to see the sizing in what looks like US plus those little gold size stickers on the soles, which may have been added on years later by some 2nd hand store but sure don't look vintage.

On the other hand, that lining appears to be leather, and very nice quality.

For sure, get them authenticated professionally, as jsales recommends.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Agree and I’m not authenticating them but think they look OK to go to a pro. The sizing is throwing me too but Gucci has definitely used UK sizing on their men’s shoes which is one size larger than US but now I see the D which shouldn’t be there IMO if it’s UK but they are all leather so no clue. Stamping is odd too but if it was a contract seasonal item they could have been made in a true slipper factory.

Use s a pro OP.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I would love to have them authenticated by a professional preferably someone online. I use   Carol Diva to authenticate my handbags, but have had no luck finding anyone to authenticate shoes. She only does handbags. Any help would be appreciated. I am a top-rated seller and never list anything unless I am sure it is authentic.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The more I look at them, the more I question. They’re really odd IMO. Agree that they cannot be listed until you know for sure and slippers are just way out of my area of expertise. I know that Castira only authenticates Gucci but I have no idea if they do slippers. Authenticate4u also does Gucci and does footwear, but again, no idea if they’d do slippers either. Contact them and see what they say.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Just want to share a story of how items like these, WHEN AUTHENTIC, can vastly differ from a known company. Decades ago I was working with a European slipper factory that made outstanding quality product. Slippers only. We were contacted by a status label Italian shoe company (who didn’t make slippers-that’s a whole different business, construction, etc). They asked if we would make a slipper for them as a holiday item. We did it and they were happy with the product but even though they supplied all fonts, etc. the product IMO did look different than the actual company so bottom line is, no clue, and this may be one of those items that might not be worth selling but you can contact the two pros I suggested .

Message 7 of 7
latest reply