cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these Ferragamo shoes authentic?

1. I'm extremely suspicious that I've been sold fake Ferragamo shoes. Can someone please confirm from picture of insole (poor craftsmanship) and shoe bottom (unclear logo)?
  2. In the side by side comparison, my real Ferragamo are to the left, and the shoe in question is on the right.
  3. The buyer refuses to provide a refund unless I can offer credible opinions to back up my claims, but I don't live anywhere near a Ferragamo store. Please help!
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I need better focused pictures of the entire shoe, lining and interior stamping on the side as I’ve promised myself I’m not giving authenticity opinions off half baked pictures but I see lots I don’t like. The lining is also incorrect. Please post them before filing SNAD.

Others here like Alberta will tell you if it’s better to file with eBay or PayPal and leave the appropriate feedback to warn others. 

Had the seller been remorseful and offered a fast return with all shipping refunded I would not neg as I think anyone can make an honest mistake.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for your response. Please see additional pictures! Let me know if more is needed, as I was only able to upload 4 pictures at a time. The buyer did say that they did not condone the sale of fake items, but wanted additional proof of item being fake, and has not offered to pay for return shipping, which cost me $30. 

Thank you you again for looking into this. 🙂

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I am so sorry but I think you handled it incorrectly. IMO you should not be out $30 and I believe you should have gone to ebay (or PayPal) and declared SNAD and asked them to cover the return. I hope that you have not yet left feedback. Again, you need to wait for those who know how to handle these claims but there is no question that the shoes are counterfeit and sold by a seller who said that they do not condone tthe selling of fakes but did just that and obviously did not authenticate their item first which IMO is no different than someone who intentionally sold a fake since they have not made you whole and are challenging you. 

If they do not return your return shipping you need to file and leave appropriate feedback. Most here respect that I am expert on footwear and those are horrid counterfeits.

I hate to send you to a pro as that would cost another $7.50 and I hate to see you throw more money into this but if you can get in writing through ebay messages that the seller will refund the return shipping plus the cost of the authentication IF they come back as fake (they are again, 100%, no question, illegal counterfeits) then do it. I have used authenticate4u. Look them up.

You have several months to leave feedback so no rush. I have never negged a seller who has made me totally whole but I then leave no feedback. You know what I do if they don’t make me whole.

Again, no question that the shoes are illegal garbage but how to proceed is best left to others here. Good luck and post back later.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

If the seller is remotely honorable you can send them here to this thread and hopefully they’ll do the right thing.

Why am I having a sugar urge? Thinking about a cherry doughnut but hopefully the urge will pass. 

Lurkers and all-You need to authenticate all designer goods first. The fact that anyone honorable could possibly list those is beyond me when volunteers here could have called those out immediately and saved a seller their reputation and time.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thank you so much for your time and energy looking into this matter. You have been immensely helpful. I will direct the seller to this thread, and hopefully they will do the right thing.

I did file through ebay as well, but I think they usually try to see if users can come to an agreement first, before stepping in.

Appreciate everything! 🙂
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Good idea-don’t escalate yet. Wish you hadn’t sent them back already. Assume it was international since shipping was so pricey. IMO anything less than a full refund with shipping both ways is unacceptable and must be reflected in feedback.

A seller can not refund more than the original sale so they need to refund the initial sale and then do a separate Friends and Family payment for the return shipping. 

Again, if they make me whole I let it slide and leave no feedback. 

Listing counterfeits IMO is totally unacceptable but we’re all human and can make a mistake-especially if the seller does not usually sell the specific category but when they err it’s time to put on the adult undies, take the hit, refund completely, apologize and move on. Unaccceptable for a seller to make a buyer pay for their own error regardless of intention. 

Seller-make it right-you sold an illegal counterfeit and an obvious one at that.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@le_dolce_vita wrote:
Thank you so much for your time and energy looking into this matter. You have been immensely helpful. I will direct the seller to this thread, and hopefully they will do the right thing.

I did file through ebay as well, but I think they usually try to see if users can come to an agreement first, before stepping in.

Appreciate everything! 🙂

You say you filed through ebay. DId you file as SNAD (significantly not as described)? If so, the seller will have to pay for the return shipping label either by providing it or having ebay provide it, in which case they'll deduct the money from her account.

If and when you file SNAD, the seller has several options. One of those choices is to issue and refund (without return). Another of those choices is to accept the return and provide the buyer with a prepaid label. The buyer would print the label, attach it to the package and ship it back to the seller. Once delivered, buyer gets a refund either by the seller issuing it or by ebay doing so if the seller refuses. 

EIther way, you'll be made whole. 

It's unclear whether you already paid for shipping the shoes back to her. If you paid out of your pocket, she should do the right thing and reimburse you. 

Refer her here if she questions the authenticity finding. @jsales0 is a shoes expert and she can enlighten the seller. 

Anyone can make an honest mistake but a good seller owns her error. IMO, a seller who doesn't do the right thing is not a good seller. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@le_dolce_vita wrote:

Be sure to watch the dates so you can escalate within the timeframe. 

You're correct in that ebay would like the seller to handle it appropriately of her own volition, but if she refuses to cover return shipping and make you whole, you should escalate the dispute and have ebay make the final decision. 

By not settling it herself, the seller's account will be dinged, not only in possible feedback you might leave but also for making it necessary for ebay to resolve rather than doing it herself. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Great news - the seller has decided to provide a refund of both the original cost and shipping. I had not yet returned the shoes, and she would prefer discarding rather than pay for return shipping, which is fine by me.

Thank you both! 🙂

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@le_dolce_vita wrote:

Great news - the seller has decided to provide a refund of both the original cost and shipping. I had not yet returned the shoes, and she would prefer discarding rather than pay for return shipping, which is fine by me.

Thank you both! 🙂

That's smart because for her to spend money to get back fakes that she could never resell (legally) is foolish. Unless she would be able to return them to her source, disposing them is the best resolution.

albertabrightalberta

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Agree and glad she did the right thing.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply