cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these Chanel shoes real or fake?

Hi, I purchased a pair of white patent leather Chanel heels on eBay last week. I suspect they may be fake but I'm not 100% sure. My concern is that the shoes don't say where they are made, such as "Made in Italy" like a lot of Chanel shoes have marked on the insole. Some of the letters appear smudged too. Also, they don't seem to be a high quality, well-constructed shoe. If there is anyone here with more experience with Chanel shoes please provide you thoughts, thanks! Here are the shoes:IMG_20171116_185520144.jpgIMG_20171116_185532859.jpgIMG_20171116_185500767.jpgIMG_20171116_185507860.jpgIMG_20171116_185514487.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Contact the seller, tell her that the shoes are counterfeit and you want a full refund including return shipping if she wants them back.

If the seller doesn't send you a prepaid return shipping label or if the seller insists you pay return shipping, open a SNAD dispute (as counterfeit item). In a SNAD dispute, the seller will be required to pay for return shipping.

(Sometimes sellers tell you just to destroy the fakes since they can't resell anywhere and it's not economical for the seller to pay for return shipping.)
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I'm not a shoes expert but those shoes are obvious fakes. Everything is wrong - font, materials, sole, construction.

(@jsales0 will probably chime in to confirm. She's the shoes expert.)
albertabrightalberta

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the feedback and hopefully the other person you mentioned knows a bit more about these shoes.

On another note, if they are indeed fake, what should I do? The seller does provide refunds, but I am hoping to also get a refund on the shipping costs. Do you think this is a reasonable request if they are fake?
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

They are fake.  The quality of your shoes is not the same quality as genuine CHANEL shoes.  You can verify that by visiting the CHANEL web site and comparing.

Debora

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Contact the seller, tell her that the shoes are counterfeit and you want a full refund including return shipping if she wants them back.

If the seller doesn't send you a prepaid return shipping label or if the seller insists you pay return shipping, open a SNAD dispute (as counterfeit item). In a SNAD dispute, the seller will be required to pay for return shipping.

(Sometimes sellers tell you just to destroy the fakes since they can't resell anywhere and it's not economical for the seller to pay for return shipping.)
albertabrightalberta

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@sjw9001

I agree with alberta. They are 100% Counterfeit.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Sorry, late to the party and agree that they’re counterfeit. I agree w what Alberta suggested you do. Sorry that this happened to you.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you!
Message 8 of 8
latest reply